Chapter 26

"Is she awake already?"

"Shh, be quiet, we want to help her."

The voices faded away but were still there, burning through my ears. They were familiar but I couldn't bring the faces to my brain. Slowly I opened my eyes to see a bright light burning my eyes. I blinked and the vision became clearer as I saw three people sitting around me, but I couldn't see their faces.

"She's opening her eyes." another gentle voice said that made me sit up and widen my eyes.

My eyes got used to the bright light and my heart raced when the faces appeared. Three pairs of eyes watched me with worry flashing in them, making me lose my voice.

"What..." I trailed off and my eyes moved from one person to the other.

There they were.

Grace, Calum and Ashton. All of them around me.

"Guys.." I whispered and felt tears forming in my eyes again.

"Shh, don't cry Becca." Grace shushed me and gave me a small smile.

"H-how...you guys are-"

"Dead?" Calum scoffed. "Yes. We are." he rolled his dark eyes.

"But how...?" My eyes widened even more when a thought came to my head. "Oh my God..am I dead?"

The three of them let a light laugh and gave me small smiles. Ashton shook his head with amusement and ran a hand through his hair.

"You're not dead, Becca. You're actually more alive than ever."

"Then how am I here? How's that even possible?" I asked confused and Calum rolled his eyes again.

"Becca, we came here to tell you something." He leaned over the bed I was sitting on. It had white covers and all of us were wearing white clothes.

"That guy...he's really dangerous." Ashton said firmly and I gulped.

"I know..Guys he killed-"

"Zayn. We know. We saw it." Grace interrupted.

"Where is he? Is he here?" I asked looking around but all I saw was white.

"No. He's in another level." Ashton answered.

"What does that mean?" I sighed. This was all too weird.

"That's not the point." Calum cut in. "We have something really important to tell you."

"What is it?"

Grace sighed. "You have to be strong, Becca. You can't give up." she said and I furrowed my brows.

"Strong? Be strong? Didn't you guys see what he did to me?" I gave a bewildered look to all of them.

"We did and we can't do anything about it." Ashton sighed.

"Oh I would cut his balls if I could-"

"Calum!" Grace cut him off and gave him a glare.

I couldn't help the smile on my lips. I missed them so much and they're all here, together. A question came to my mind.

"Can I ask you something?"

Ashton nodded. "If I die...will I be here...with you?"

All of them looked down, avoiding to answer my question. Ashton pressed his lips in a tight line, Grace looked like she was going to cry and Calum had his eyes closed.

"I'll take that as a no?"

"Becca...this is not heaven.." Ashton looked up at me with his green eyes.