Chapter 24

At that point, while I was sitting at the passenger's seat, I was desperate. I was desperate and felt helpless. The tears had stopped running down my eyes and I was glad, but the pain that had cursed my soul was undescribable.

Harry looked calm and pretty excited with the thought that I took the key, wich was another thing I felt guilty for. I didn't dare look up at him, my eyes were glued outside the window, my heart wanted to beat normally but she couldn't. All this was too much pressure to me.

"What's on your mind, Rebecca?" he asked, his voice nothing more than a whisper.

Even though the engine was roaring under our seats, I still managed to listen to his voice. I swallowed the tears that threat my eyes to appear. I didn't want to cry again. Not in front of him.

"You want to cry?" he asked and glanced at me.

I took a deep breath and avoided his gaze. I didn't want to look at him, because I knew I would break down. I was building a wall inside of me that would keep away all the pain, the tears and my weak side. I was building that wall to be stronger.

"No." I answered flatly, surprisingly hiding my weakness.

"Don't lie to me, Rebecca."

"I'm not lying, Harry. I don't want to cry." I answered, my voice cracking at the end.

"Mhmm." he hummed.

I stood silent, I didn't want to talk, I didn't want to look at him. My stomach was turned into knots and I was feeling my muscles tensing everytime I clenched my teeth so I could keep back a tear.

I knew something would go wrong. I felt it before we left the hotel. I knew he would do something but I couldn't stop him. I hated myself for not being strong and brave enough to put him in place but really; who can put Harry in place?

"You're too quiet." he remarked.

"Do you have a problem with that too?" I said harshly and finally looked at him.

He raised his brows in surprise and looked pretty amused by my reaction.

"No. I like it better when you don't talk." he said, trying to sound serious but the smirk on his face showed otherwise.

"Good. Because I don't have to say anything." I snapped and crossed my arms, looking outside the window again.

"Someone's upset." he mocked me.

I took a deep breath and sighed heavily. He wasn't going to give up, right?

"You hungry?" he asked.

"No."

"Lies." he said in a warning tone.

He was right. My stomach was grumbling and I hadn't eaten for most of the day. But after everything I saw, I didn't want to put anything in my mouth.

"I can't eat right now." I argued.

"We'll take it to the hotel then."

"I'm not hungry."

"Rebecca, stop it!" he snapped and I sighed again.

"Fine. Order me whatever you want." I moved my hand.

We didn't talk after that. We stood silent. Me deep in my thoughts, the build of the wall still in process while he kept driving, taking some glances at me.

"Something wrong with you." he said and I let a laugh.

Was he kidding me?

"Oh, something's wrong with me?" I sarcastically said and looked at him.