Chapter 55

No Point of View

He let a deep sigh of relief when he approached his destination. He felt like his entire body was tensing for running for so long but he didn't care that much. All he was thinking about was her.

He placed her body down, her back leaning against a tree. She seemed so weak that uneasr was rising inside of him, but he pushed it away. He crouched down next to her and pushed some hair away from her face, wanting to see each detail of her features.

He ran a stressfull hand through his hair and let another deep sigh. He hated himself for letting everything lose control. This shouldn't have happen. She shouldn't have heard all that. She shouldn't have been at this position again.

He looked at the distance, the view if the city and the lights of the buildings created a magical aura. He zoomed with his eyes, his pupils constricting, outside a cafeteria where a couple were sitting on a table and drinking their drinks, having a conversation happily.

"Oh come on, are you for real?" the girl laughed and tilted her head back, her red short hair falling behind her shoulders.

"I know, it was stupid." the black-haired boy chuckled, shaking his head with a smile on his face. "But it wasn't my fault, I was innocent."

The use of the word brought a jolt of nostalgia through Harry's body. He frowned deeply and took a deep breath, trying to ignore how his stomach turned into knots. He focused even more on their conversation, waiting for the girl's answer.

"I know babe, you didn't want to do it." she said and took a sip from her cup, hot chocolate, he could smell it from meters away.

"We're good then?" the boy asked and leaned closer to her over the table.

She smiled at him. "Of course, I love you." she said and kissed him.

Harry's heart fell down to his stomach. He quickly looked away and closed his eyes, trying to keep all the emotions hidden inside. His dark side was dissapearing even more, leaving space for his bright one. It brought relief but annoyance too. It was so strange and confusing and he just wanted to put an end to all of this but he didn't know how.

He opened his eyes when he heard her gasping quietly for air and he saw her slowly opening her eyes. Relief washed through him but the guilt made it's presensce. Clearing his throat and gathering his thoughts, he leaned closer to her and they connected eyes, causing his heart to race.

Rebecca's POV:

"Don't move." he instructed almost immidiately since we locked eyes.

I furrowed my brows. "What?" I asked, my head still dizzy.

"Just stay put." he said, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Where are we?" I asked, my eyes scanning around the trees, bushes, leaves and finally the view of the town to my right.

"Oh my..." I whispered, staring at the beautiful city.

The view was breathtaking. So many lights, the streets, the cars, the buildings. We were on a high cliff but not too close to the edge. I looked up at the sky to see the shining stars. Thankfully the clouds had dissapeared, otherwise the view wouldn't be that beautiful.

Exhaling deeply, I turned my head and refocused on Harry that was crouching in front of me with green tired eyes. Frowning, I reached to touch his hand.

"Did we make it?" I asked with hope in my voice, widening slightly my eyes as I waited for his answer.

He opened his mouth to talk but closed it again as if regretting it. A few seconds passed and I started to get nervous again. He finally parted his lips to talk when he found the courage to do it.