Chapter 48

I sat up on the bed with my heart racing against my ribs, sweat covering my forehead. My vision is still blurry and since it was dark, my eyes needed a few seconds to adjust in the darkness. I breathed heavily and placed my palm on my chest, making sure my heart won't be ripped out.

"Rebecca?" his soft voice said, making my brows to fall.

I turned my head to be greeted by a very tired and stressed Harry. His curles were messy and pushed back, the only source of light into the room was the moonlight that came through the big windows. I realized I was still in the hotel room, but there was no blood on the walls, the ceiling or everywhere else. It was clean and everything was in place.

"D-did I...die?" I whispered shivering.

"Shh," he brought his index finger on my lips. "You need to rest." he said calmly.

"How? When did you-"

"Rebecca, you need to rest. Just sleep, okay?" he said, placing his hands on my shoulders and gently pressing me down on the matress.

"O-okay." I nodded and emmidiately berated myself inside my head since my movement caused me headache.

He sighed heavily and stood up but came to a halt once I grabbed weakly his hand. He looked down at my hand and then to my face, brows furrowed.

"What's wrong?" he asked confused.

"Can you...please, stay? Please?" I begged, tears stinging into my eyes.

Harry pressed his lips in a tight line and gave me a sad look, even though I saw hope in his eyes. I knew that it was really weird asking for Harry to stay with me in bed, but after what I've been through? There was no way I would stay alone in here again. I needed Harry around. I needed to feel safe.

"Rebecca, you said you don't want to be in bed with me.." he said awkwardly, cheeks blushing.

"I know..I'm s-sorry." I apologized, tears strolling down my cheeks. "But please Harry, I really need you."

His eyebrows raised and his eyes widened by my words. To be honest, I didn't regret it at all for saying that I needed him because it was true. And after what happened to me, all I wanted was him next to me, so I could be sure he was okay.

Yes, after what I've been through, Harry's state was much more important to me.

Call me an idiot, but those feelings deep inside me can't change the fact that I do care for him.

He sighed and ran his free hand through his messy curls before nodding and shaking his hand, motioning for me to scoot further.

I used enough power and did as he wanted, giving enough space for him. He lied next to me, the matress pinned down because of his weight. His arm was brushing against mine and his skin was cold, wich only soothed my heated one.

"You're cold." I mumbled and he glanced down at me.

"Hmm?" he hummed before realizing what I said. "Oh yeah, and you're burning." he said, his cold palm reaching for my forehead.

I closed my eyes and relaxed under his cold, soothing touch. I loved the way my heart fluttered when I could feel his skin against my own and how magically everything diminished around me.

"What happened?" I asked in a small voice.

He took a deep breath and pulled away his hand, sending a wave of dissapointment wash through me. What surprised me though, was when he took my small hand in his large one, entwining our fingers.

"I woke up in the middle of the forest." he started, shocking me. "I emmidiately understood it was all Louis' fault. He wanted me to go back to him, because we've been in the city for almost a week now."