Chapter 12

No Point of View

His heart broke a little, just a little as he stared down at her bleeding body, the wounds he caused, the pain he brought back to her. He was holding his breath, a jolt of guilt was send through him and the small part inside of him was begging him to help her.

He looked at the blood of river behind her, frowing slightly and letting a groan escape his lips as the thought of cleaning up the mess later came in his mind.

He kneeled down in front of her and pushed away a strand of hair away from her face. She seemed pained, scared and weak. His heart was shaking inside his chest and he could hear her beating heart slowing her pace, which meant that she was now slowly dying.

“No.” he demanded and pulled the knife from his waistband. “I said you're not going to die yet.”

He scratched his wrist with the knife and pressed the cut on her lips, feeling her mouth with enough blood that will heal her wounds. He let a small sigh as he pulled his wrist back and the cut was immidiately healed.

“I won't let him kill you.” he promised, his voice nothing more than a whisper.

The back of his fingers grazed soothingly down her cheek that was now healing quickly because of his blood that ran in her system and veins. He was somehow glad he could heal her, otherwise she wouldn't be breathing at that moment. She would've died from the first violent move he did on her, wich was stabbing her side.

Her loud screams echoed in his head and he closed his eyes shut, trying to stop thinking about it. Everything was slowly fading away and he knew he was losing control again. He didn't want that again though, he wanted it to be like it was 58 years ago, when he could do anything he wanted to.

He stood up and walked back to his room, closing the door behind him and looking straight at the pillow with the dry droplets of blood. Chills were send down his spine and he quickly moved his gaze away, trying not to remember what happened. That horrible night seemed to haunt his head and he knew that he didn't want that anymore.

That small part of him that came slightly back to light wanted only one thing; freedom. But it was really difficult to gain it again. He let another sigh and ran a hand through his messy curls before he walked across the room and sat on the edge of the bed.

“What am I going to do?” he muttered to himself, feeling like there was nothing he could do. “She hates me..she won't–she can't..” he trailed off, hiding his face in his hands.

Two sides of him were fighting. There was still his dark side, but there was still his stonger side. A side that held a part of him that wanted to come back to light and change everything, make it better. But he couldn't do it. He didn't have the right. He didn't have control. He didn't have his innocence.

Rebecca's POV

My heart came up to my throat when I heard his words. Maybe I was dreaming of it, but I swear it was clear. I heard the words clearly and they made my body to shake.

“I won't let him kill you.”

Let who kill me? He's the one that almost send me to death 3 times. It's really confusing but now that I heard the softness, the kindness in his voice..I did believe he still cares. And from that moment, I wanted to help, as much weird that sounded, I really did.

Feeling dizzy, I slowly opened my eyes to see that I'm still lying on the floor outside his door. I looked behind me to see that the blood was cleaned, bringing a frown to my face.

I slowly stood up and felt that my body gained back it's power, wich meant something; he gave me his blood. Which means something else; his words were real.