Chapter 40

"What do you mean you saw everything?" I asked confused, my voice muffled by his shoulder.

He sighed and pulled back to look at me. My tears had soaked his tee and I felt slightly embarassed for that but he didn't seem to care. His hands cupped my cheeks and his thumbs wiped my tears. His touch was soft and soothing against my skin that I felt a wave or relief wash through me.

"I didn't tell you that before because I didn't think I should but.." he started and took a deep breath. "I can see people's memories."

My heart stopped. My puffy eyes were ready to pop out. That was shocking.

"You what?"

"Yeah.." he looked away. "Just like compulsion. I can read thoughts and see people's memories."

I was agape. I was shocked and confused. That was a little creepy.

"B-but you said you can't read my thoughts," I pointed out.

He chuckled lightly and locked eyes with me. "I can't."

"Then how did you see it?" I sniffled.

He pulled away his hands and shrugged lightly. "That memory was something that's attached to me, that's why."

My breath hitched and my stomach turned into knots. Attached to him?

"What do you mean, Harry?" I asked slowly, taking some steps backwards.

"It's-it's taking over you.." he said with worried eyes.

"What? What is taking over me?" I asked panicked.

"Rebecca calm down." he said, his voice controlled.

"Calm down?" I scoffed. "No! I'm sick of waiting! Tell me what is taking over me, Harry!" I yelled, finally letting the anger control my mind.

"Darkness." he answered flatly, but his voice had a hint of sadness.

"W-what?" I gasped, placing my palm on my chest.

"Rebecca, can you just calm down?" he asked, taking a step closer to me.

"No!" I screamed, shoving his chest with my hands.

He took some steps backwards because of my push, since I caught him off guard. He took a deep breath, but his eyes showed hurt wich only made me hate myself. I was about to apologize to him when he spoke first.

"There's no chance, Rebecca. You have to understand that before-"

"Before what?!" I snapped, cutting him off. "Before I turn to someone like you?"

I gasped and covered my mouth with my hands the moment I said the last word. He looked shocked and pained by my words and by the way he stared at me I wished I was dead. I didn't mean what I said. I really didn't. I was just too angry with him keeping me secrets and then suddenly announcing to me that darkness it taking over me.

"Harry I'm so sorry, I-"

"No." he cut me off, his eyes hopeless. "Just no."

"Harry..." I whispered, the salty tears connecting with my lips.

"I know you don't mean them." he said in a low voice wich comforted me.

I let a sigh of relief. "Thank God, I'm really sorry Harry!" I cried loudly, taking some steps forward and wrapping my arms around him, hiding my face in his neck. I just needed to be in his hug.

His arms wrapped around my waist and held me even closer. I cried in his neck, not bothering to not show to him how hurt I was for saying that. I really didn't mean it. And knowing that Harry heard me saying that...it hurt. Not only me, but him too.