Chapter 41

My heart stopped. I suddenly felt a cold breeze hit my skin and I had goose bumps all over my body. That name...I heard it only once, and that was the first night we slept in that place next to the river, when Harry said exactly those words:

I'm sorry...Louis.

I didn't really know why I was crying, but I couldn't stop it. I was so caught off guard that no words came out of my mouth. Just sobs. Yes, that was the only thing I managed to make it sound past my lips.

"Rebecca?" Harry shook my arm gently.

His husky, deep voice faded away as I stared blankly at his green eyes. The only thing I could hear was that name, over and over again. It was stuck in my head, it was written on the wall behind Harry, it was echoing in the air, it was on the tip of my tongue.

The name only scared me. It just sounded terrifying, as if that guy did something really horrible to me. My heart raced uncontrolably in my chest and my vision got blurry. I could feel that figure's presensce somewhere near and that gave me chills.

Slowly, I moved my head and glanced over my shoulder. My chest tightened when I saw the black figure standing in the corner, black eyes glaring at me. Fear creeped up in my stomach and my entire body felt numb.

"No.." I whispered, tightening my grip in Harry's large hand.

"Rebbeca?" His raspy voice said in my ear.

I turned my head to look at him but that wasn't a good idea. My stomach twisted when I saw Harry's eyes changing colour, turning to a darker shade. I was so worried and concerned for him, I didn't want him to go back to that position of an absolute pain.

"Harry..." I couldn't finish my sentensce as I stared scared at his eyes that slowly turned black.

"We have to fight." he muttered, keeping his voice low.

"H-how?" I breathed, finally attempting to fill my lungs with enough oxygen.

"You have to kiss me." he said, sending my heart over the edge. "He's trying to get in my head. Quickly, Rebbeca. He's getting closer." he said with worry in his voice.

I sucked in a breath and turned my head to glance over my shoulder again. He was right. The figure was closer now, the lake of blood behind it only bringing me a feeling of sickness in my abdomen. I gulped and turned my head to look at Harry again.

Our eyes locked and as my tears rolled down my cheeks, I pulled his hand closer to me, bringing his face inches away from me. I pressed my lips against his and felt emmidiately the overwhelming feeling coursing my heart.

I suddenly forgot about the black terrifying figure, my pain, my tears, Harry's horrible past, darkness and Louis. It was just me and Harry, kissing, our lips melting against each other.

The butterflies in my stomach started dancing, giving me the feeling like I'm in the air. Harry's lips tasted the same, but much more better. They were soft and gentle, giving me the feeling he liked it too. That kiss had a strong meaning, we were fighting together. We were going to stick together. And I think we signed our deal with that kiss.

But then I realized that I shouldn't let my feelings take control. Harry was still dangerous, especially now that Louis wanted to kill me I didn't have any kind of protection since Louis wanted to get back to Harry's head-wich was weird to me.

I knew Harry didn't feel anything for me. He never will. He just wants to keep me for him to help him, he's just using me. And I don't like it when they do that. I knew I should've stopped my feelings from getting stronger since that night we danced in that hotel room. I shouldn't let them take over me.