Faking - Donah

🌈🧸 yes, they love you

🌈🧸 yes, they love you. The person that you're overthinking, thinking that they hate you, they don't, go talk to them <3

Third person

At school, Daniel and Jonah were known as the 'best best friends' and yes, that was a title. The two were the only people in the friend group, and they kept it that way. They know all of each other's secrets. All except one. Daniel has been keeping from Jonah that he likes the older boy, and he has since freshman year, they're now seniors.

Jonah invited Daniel over to his house after school, because he needed to ask him something.

*at Jonah's house*

Both boys sat on Jonah's bed, and Daniel smiled at Jonah.

"What did you want to talk about Jo?" Daniel asked sweetly.

"So, you uh, you know that guy I had a thing with?" Jonah asked.

"Yeah, Corbyn right?"

"Yup. He has a boyfriend now, and I want to get him back," Jonah started. "I need you to fake date me."

"What! Why?" Daniel asked, shocked that his best friend was asking this much from him.

"Because I want to make it seem like I also moved on, then he might get back with me," Jonah explained.

"You're lucky you're my best friend Jo," Daniel sighed. Jonah's face lit up with hope.

"Does that mean yes?"

"Yes, I'll do it," Daniel said. Jonah smiled widely. "One condition. I get to end it if I get uncomfortable with it."

"Deal," Jonah agreed. "Also, you need to be ok with holding hands, hugging, and kissing cheeks a lot because if we don't nobody will believe it."

"Ok, whatever."

"Thank you so much Dani, I owe you," Jonah said.

"No problem," Daniel replied.

*the next day at school*

Jonah walked over to Daniel, who was standing alone, and hugged him from behind.

"Hey Dani," Jonah welcomed.

"Hey Jo," Daniel replied with a smile. Jonah kissed Daniel's cheek as Corbyn walked by.

"Thank you for doing this," Jonah said quietly, pulling away from the hug and facing Daniel.

"No problem Jo."

"Wanna go out for lunch today?" Jonah asked the smaller boy.

"Sure, meet at the front doors at the start of lunch hour?"

"Yup! See you then!"

Both boys smiled then headed to their first class.

*2 months later*

Both boys have fallen deeply in love with the other, they no longer have to fake their love towards each other. But they don't know that the other is in love with them. Both boys still think that the other one is faking it for the act. But both of them are too afraid to mention it, both afraid of rejection.

Today was the day that Jonah wanted to tell Daniel, the younger boy deserved to know, whether he felt the same or not.

Jonah invited Daniel over to his house after school, Daniel agreed, assuming they would just play video games.

*at Jonah's house*

Both boys were sat on Jonah's bed, facing each other with nervous smiles.

"I uh, I need to tell you something," Jonah said quietly.

"What is it Jo?" Daniel asked calmly. Jonah looked down nervously. "You know you can tell me anything."

Jonah nodded before continuing.

"I know that this whole fake dating thing started with me trying to get back with Corbyn. But over the last couple months I've fallen in love with you. I've noticed that you're the most amazing person that I could be with, and I really hope you feel the same. But if not, that's ok too," Jonah said slowly, trying to avoid eye contact with Daniel. Daniel smiled at Jonah, and without saying a word, he kissed him.

Jonah pulled the blonde boy's waist closer, making them both smile. Daniel held Jonah's jaw in his hand and kept them close.

The two slowly pulled away and smiled at each other.

"I love you Jonah, I always have," Daniel said quietly.

"I love you too Daniel, I always will."

A/N only one more chapter! This book has gone by so quickly :/