Pool party - Zaniel

Zach's POV

I walked into the backyard to join Corbyn, Jonah, Daniel, Jack, Eben, and Logan at the pool.

I sat down on a tanning chair, not ready to take off my shirt yet.

"Babe! You coming in?" Daniel asked from the pool.

"Not yet, I'm just going to chill for a while," I answered. Daniel nodded then went back to playing pool basketball with the other guys.

I laid down and closed my eyes because the sun was bright. But I eventually zoned out.

I opened my eyes when I felt someone sit on the chair beside my legs, I saw it was Daniel.

"Hi love," he said with a smile.

"Hi," I replied.

"It's been an hour, are you coming in? The guys and I are going to have a basketball tournament, I think you should come play," Daniel explained with a soft smile.

"I'm ok, thanks though," I replied.

"Is something wrong baby? You're usually the first one in the pool," he said concerned.

"I'm ok, I'd just prefer to tan, I'm super pale."

"How are you going to tan with a shirt on?"

I stayed silent. "Is that the reason? You don't want to take your shirt off?" Daniel asked, sorrow in his voice.

"Maybe," I said quietly.

"Are you feeling insecure love?" Daniel asked me gently. I just nodded my head slightly. Sadness filled his eyes as he caressed my face. "Baby, you are the most beautiful boy I've ever seen, your eyes have a little twinkle in them that makes your whole face light up when you smile. You have adorable pink cheeks that are so kissable," he paused and kissed each cheek with a smile. "Your hair is so soft and amazing, my hands easily run through it. Your stomach is beautiful, it doesn't matter what shape it is or how flat it is, because realistically, nobody has a flat stomach, that's just how it works. After eating your stomach bloats and it's suddenly not flat anymore. But no matter what, you are gorgeous. And no matter what, you're my baby boy, and I love you so so much, nothing can ever change that love."

"I love you too Dani," I mumbled with a small smile. He smiled then kissed my lips gently.

"Do you want to play now?" he asked quietly. I nodded. I stood up then took off my shirt so I was just in my bathing suit bottoms. Daniel wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my forehead. "Beautiful," he whispered. I smiled and pecked his lips gently.

"Coming love birds?" Logan called out. Daniel and I pulled away then ran into the pool to play basketball.

We continued the day just like that. Perfectly.