Abused - Zonah

Ship: Zonah
Famous or nah: Nah

Zach's POV

I fell to the ground with a thud, my mom started kicking my stomach and legs, making my cry out in pain.

"Oh shut up, nobody will help you," she spat. She punched my eye and jaw then slapped my face, I knew there would be a mark in the morning.

When she was finished with beating me I ran up to my room and locked the door. I sat on my bed and started sobbing, my life is an absolute mess. My mom abuses me, my dad's dead, I don't have any friends, and I have terrible grades, nothing could get worse right? Wrong. I like a guy a 2 grades higher than me, and I get bullied for being gay.

*the next day*

I walked through the halls with my hood up, doing my best to hide my bruises from the previous day.

I got hit by a random kid and I was slammed into the lockers, I fell onto the ground and I heard a voice.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry, my friend pushed me," a familiar voice said. I looked up and saw my crush, Jonah Marais, helping tidy my books.

"It's ok, it's my fault for not watching where I was going," I replied quickly. Jonah looked up and saw my face.

"What happened to your face?" Jonah asked.

"N-Nothing," I replied.

"It's bruised, really badly. Tell me the truth, what happened?" Jonah said sternly.

"I said it was nothing."

"I know it's not Zach. I'm not leaving until you tell me what happened."

"Ok fine, my mom abuses me, every damn day, and I come to school and cover it up like it's nothing. I get bullied at school because I'm gay and I have nobody to go to, nobody that I can trust enough for them to not tell anyone my problems or tease me about it," I said then a few tears left my eyes. "Why am I even telling you this? You probably don't even care about a worthless kid like me."

"No Zach, I do care about you. I have cared about you ever since I've seen your face. You don't deserve a single thing that's going on, you don't deserve to be bullied or abused, I've seen you get hurt and it hurts me. I've liked you since I saw you," Jonah told me. His face had a soft expression on it, like he actually cared. "I love you Zach."

I looked at Jonah in shock, did he actually love me?

"Then why didn't you stand up for me? All those times when I was being bullied, you just watched? You just stood there and waited for me to wish I was dead, waited for me to get up in pain and continue like nothing happened?"

"It's not like that Zach," Jonah told me.

"Then what is it like Jonah? What excuse do you have?" I asked as tears filled both of our eyes.

"I have anxiety, and I got so much of it when I thought about what would happen if I stood up for you, I knew it would probably be better if I did, but anxiety brings all of the bad scenarios to my head, never the good ones," Jonah explained as a tear fell down his cheek. "I was too scared that in the end we would both be hurt and nothing would be fixed."