Parents - Janah

Ship: Janah
Famous or nah: Nah

Jonah's POV

My husband Jack was out grocery shopping so I was home with our 15 year old son Matthew and our 10 year old daughter Joslyn. Matthew wanted nothing to do with his sister but Joslyn had every interest in Matthew's life.

I heard fighting upstairs and I went up to investigate, just as I got up there I heard Matthew shout something at Joslyn.

"I wish you would just die, I hate you!"

"Matthew, that's not how we speak to people, go into your room and don't come out until I say it's ok," I said sternly, but not shouting. Matthew went into his room and slammed the door, Joslyn came over and hugged me.

"I'm sorry daddy, I didn't want to fight with him, I just wanted to come in his room and play with him," Joslyn said while crying.

"It's ok Jos, sometimes your brother just needs to learn that you're much younger than him and you guys have different interests," I said while playing with her hair. Matthew opened his door and looked at me.

"When will dad be home?" he asked.

"In about an hour, why?" I asked.

"Because he's a better dad than you are, I hate you," Matthew said. Tears grew in my eyes and Joslyn hugged me tighter.

"Good job Matthew, you made pappy cry," Joslyn shouted. Matthew went back into his bedroom and Joslyn looked up at me. "Are you ok pappy?"

"Yeah, just go play with some toys in your room, ok?" I instructed.

"Ok pappy," she replied then ran into her room to play. I went downstairs on the couch and cried into my arms for a while.

A while later I heard the door open and Jack took off his shoes and jacket. He set the groceries down on he table then saw me crying on the couch, he ran over to me and held me in his arms.

"What's wrong baby?" Jack asked me.

"Matthew said that you're a better dad than me, and he hates me," I said through my tears.

"That's not how we speak, I'm going to talk to him," Jack said angrily.

"Jack, just give him some time," I pleaded as I tried to pull him back to the couch.

"No, what he said isn't ok," Jack told me. Jack ran upstairs and stormed into Matthew's room. "Matthew, what you said to your father is not ok, none of us are better than the other and you need to learn that, your father does everything for this family, he works difficult hours and still makes time for us as a family, you need to appreciate him." I heard Jack say loudly, but not shouting. "Go downstairs and apologize to him right now."

I saw Matthew come down the stairs and he walked over to me.

"I'm sorry dad, I was just mad, I didn't mean it," Matthew said with his head down. I stood up and hugged him tightly, I also kissed the top of his head.

"I understand that you were just mad, but watch your mouth next time ok?" I warned. Matthew just nodded. Jack came down the stairs with Joslyn on his hip. "Now go apologize to your sister."

Matthew walked over to Joslyn as Jack set her on the ground and went on his knees so he was the same height as her.

"I'm sorry Jos, I didn't understand that you just wanted to play," Matthew said.

"It's ok," Joslyn said then hugged Matthew. He held her protectively and brushed her hair with his fingers. When they pulled away they both smiled at each other.

"How about we have a movie night, just the four of us," I suggested. Everyone agreed then ran to the couch. Matthew and Joslyn sat beside Jack and I, Joslyn was cuddled into my side and Matthew was cuddled into Jack. I put on The Avengers, our favourite, then Jack leaned his head on my shoulder, I played with his hair while rubbing Joslyn's back.

Within 20 minutes I noticed that they were all asleep.

"I love my family," I whispered to myself. Then I fell asleep