Summer camp - Zonah

Zach's POV

I stepped out of my mom's car, quickly kissing her cheek before.

I grabbed my suitcase from the trunk then went up to a camp counselor .

"Hi! Welcome to Minnesota summer camp, can I help you get you checked in?" A boy asked. I looked up and saw a tall brunet boy standing in front of me, he had the most gorgeous smile I've ever seen.

"Uh, yea, yeah," I stuttered. I blushed a little bit and he smiled.

"Follow me," he said. I nodded then started following him to a table. "Ok, what's your name?"

"Uh, Zach, Zach Herron," I answered shyly.

"Hi Zach, I'm Jonah, one of the camp councelors," he explained. I just nodded awkwardly. Jonah wrote a few things down on a paper then smiled at me. "Let me show you to your cabin."

I nodded then started following Jonah down a few trails.

"Here we are," he said and opened a cabin door. I looked inside to see two sets of bunk beds and a small bathroom at the end. "I know it's small, but it's quite cozy."

"I love it," I said with a smile. "Do you know who I'm rooming with?"

Jonah looked down at his clipboard then looked at me with a smile.

"Daniel Seavey, Jack Avery, and Corbyn Besson," he answered. I nodded and smiled.

"Ok, thanks Jonah," I said quietly. "Wait, am I supposed to call you counselor Jonah?"

"Just Jonah's fine," he said with a small laugh. I blushed and nodded.

"Ok, thanks Jonah," I said quietly.

"No problem. There should be a schedule attached to the wall in there, I'll see you at dinner," Jonah said then left. I nodded and smiled then went into my cabin as Jonah walked away.

I set my suitcase on a bottom bunk and unpacked a few things.

A few minutes later three boys came into the cabin laughing and talking.

"Oh, hey there!" one with a tooth gap said.

"Hey," I replied shyly.

"I'm Daniel, and this is Corbyn and Jack," he said, pointing to the other two boys.

"Hi, I'm Zach," I said with a shy wave. They all threw their suitcase on a bed, Daniel was above me, Jack was on the bottom bunk of the other bunk beds, and Corbyn was on top.

I walked over to the wall where the schedule was and saw that dinner was in an hour.

*an hour later*

I walked to the meal hall with Corbyn, Daniel, and Jack.

I walked inside and grabbed a tray of ceaser salad, two beef burritos, and rice.

I walked to a small table in the corner and sat down alone.

I watched as Daniel, Corbyn, and Jack we're talking and laughing with people at another table.

I started eating slowly until someone sat beside me. I looked up to see Jonah smiling at me.

"Hi Zach," he said gently.

"Hi," I replied quietly.

"Why are you sitting alone?" he asked. I just shrugged my shoulders. "Are you not enjoying yourself?"

"Just homesick," I mumbled.

"It's ok, we'll have so much fun soon enough that you won't even remember how long you've been away from home," Jonah assured. I just shrugged again. "You're pretty quiet huh?"

"I'm just shy," I answered.

"That's ok, I'm sure you'll open up soon."

*2 weeks later*

At every meal Jonah and I sit alone in the back corner. We've both opened up quite a bit, we're pretty good friends.

But I also have grown feelings for him, I know it's wrong but I can't help it.

Today we're having a beach day.

I walked over to the shed to get some floaty toys but I saw Jonah behind the shed.

"Hey, what are you doing back here?" I asked gently. He looked up at me and smiled.

"Oh nothing, I just need a small break," he answered. I nodded and smiled. I put my back against the shed beside him and held his hand in mine, causing us both to smile. Jonah looked at me nervously but I smiled. "Do you feel the same as me?" Jonah asked.

"Depends on how you feel Jo," I replied.

"I feel like whenever I'm around you I'm always the happiest, and I get butterflies around you. I don't know," he paused and sighed. "I don't know if you're gay or not, you might find this stupid, but that's how I feel."

I didn't say anything, I just kissed him.

He pulled my waist closer to him with one hand and held my jawline in the other.

We slowly pulled away and placed our foreheads together. "Will you be mine?" Jonah asked me gently.

"Of course," I replied with a smile.

"We'll have to hide it at camp, because technically it's not allowed. But after that we'll be free together," Jonah told me quietly. I nodded with a smile.

"Ok."