Cancer - Janiel

WARNINGS: Very long and an emotional rollercoaster

Third person

Jack has been suffering from cancer for about 6 months, and his boyfriend Daniel hasn't left his side.

It's gotten to the point where Jack has to stay in the hospital 24/7, he's losing hope but Daniel believes he can still get better.

The couple was in Jack's hospital room like normal, Jack laid on the bed while Daniel held him in his arms as he laid beside him.

"Dani?" Jack asked gently and lifted his head off of Daniel's chest.

"Yes love?" Daniel replied.

"We need to talk."

They both sat up and Daniel gently rubbed Jack's hand to comfort him.

"What about baby boy?" Daniel asked, already knowing the answer.

"We both know that I don't have much hope, I'm dying Daniel. And I need you to promise me something," Jack explained. Tears grew in Daniel's eyes as he processed it, knowing it's reality, but wanting it to be false. He wanted his baby to be okay.

"Don't talk about that Jack, you're not going to die, you'll be ok and we'll move into a big house like you've always wanted, we'll adopt kids and have a happy life together," Daniel said as a few tears escaped his eyes.

"Daniel, we both know that's not going to happen, you know that Daniel. Just please, hear me out," Jack pleaded, Daniel nodded for him to continue. "If I die, I need you to move on, find another boy or girl to make you happy. Don't waste your time mourning over me, I know you're better than that Dani."

"Wh-What if I can't?" Daniel asked as more tears fell. Jack gave him a sad smile and wiped away the tears.

"You can Dani, I know you can. I need you to move on, now, don't forget me, but don't remember me either ok?"

Daniel nodded to show he understood. "When you meet that special somebody, move in with them into that house on the beach that you've always wanted, adopt three kids, preferably two girls and a boy," Jack said. Daniel smiled because that's exactly what him and Jack talked about before the cancer came. "You'll get a dog and live a happy life with them, ok?"

Daniel nodded then broke down in sobs. "Come here," Jack said and opened his arms. Daniel cuddled into him and laid his head against Jack's chest. "Don't cry baby, you don't deserve that."

"You don't deserve fucking cancer either," Daniel mumbled. Jack sighed and gently kissed Daniel's head and ran his hand through his soft blonde hair. Daniel reached up and took off Jack's beanie, gently rubbing the skin under it. Jack let out a sigh, he hated the fact that his precious curls were gone. He pulled Daniel's hand off of his head and held it while gently rubbing it. Daniel looked up at Jack and Jack gently pecked his lips. "You're making it really fucking hard to move on," Daniel explained, making them both giggle.

Jonah, Zach, and Corbyn walked into the room to do their daily visit with Jack. Daniel got out of Jack's bed and sat on a chair next to him so they could all talk to him. Jonah, Corbyn, and Zach all hugged Jack tightly and said their hellos then sat down in chairs around his bed.