Insecure - Jorbyn

🌈🧸 you're perfect

🌈🧸 you're perfect

third person

Corbyn stared into the mirror, not pleased with what was looking back at him. He felt his arms, they were so skinny they felt like noodles. He looked at his stomach, it wasn't flat, there were no abs, it was bloated. He looked at every part of him one by one and criticized himself for it.

Corbyn has always been insecure, ever since he can remember. And as a teenager, it got worse and worse. But now, it's the worst it's ever been. Everyday he regrets ever even looking at himself, all of his posts on Instagram are of his friends, never himself, and he hides his face in every photo.

His boyfriend, Jonah, notices how insecure the blonde boy is. When Corbyn talks bad about himself it breaks Jonah inside. Everyday he sees the beauty of Corbyn while Corbyn sees the flaws.

Jonah walked upstairs and heard quiet sobs coming from the bathroom.

He sighed and knocked on the door softly.

"Corbyn love, can you open the door for me?" Jonah asked in a soft voice.

He heard some shuffling and a small click before the door opened. Jonah took a look at Corbyn. His eyes were red and puffy, his cheeks were soaked with hot tears. His lips were formed into a frown and his body shook.

Jonah pulled him into a tight hug and kissed the top of his head.

Corbyn cried into Jonah's chest as Jonah comforted him.

"I hate this. I hate this Jo," Corbyn sobbed.

"I know love, I know," Jonah sighed. He hates seeing his baby boy like this, sad and vulnerable. Jonah gently rocked them back and forth until Corbyn was calmed down. They pulled away from the warm embrace and Jonah gently caressed Corbyn's face.

He placed a gentle kiss on the top of his head. "Your hair is so soft, I love to run my fingers through it."

He kissed Corbyn's cheeks. "I love how your cheeks have small dimples when you smile."

Jonah kissed his nose. "I love how it wrinkles when you laugh."

Jonah did that to all of Corbyn's body parts that he's insecure about.

When he was done he gently pecked Corbyn's lips. "You're perfect love," Jonah said softly. Corbyn let his lips form a small smile. Jonah pecked his lips again. "I love you."

"I love you too Jo."

*a week later*

Although Jonah helped Corbyn, it wasn't enough. Corbyn stopped eating, starting with not eating breakfast, then slowly taking away meals, one by one. He stays in his room all day, and Jonah only sees him if he uses the bathroom. And worst of all, he started cutting himself. Jonah didn't know this. Corbyn hides it with a sweatshirt everyday so he wouldn't notice.

Corbyn sat on the bathroom floor, his back against the wall. He brought the blade down to his wrist and pressed it into his skin. It wasn't enough to do any permanently damage but it was enough to make him bleed. He smiled slightly at the familiar feeling. The cool blade releasing his warm blood onto his pale arms.

He didn't even notice the time going by until there was a knock on the door.

"You ok baby? You've been in there for 10 minutes," Jonah's soft voice rang through the door.

"Uh yeah, one minute," Corbyn mumbled. He quickly put away the blade and rinsed his wrists under cold water.

He walked out of the bathroom to be met with a concerned Jonah. Corbyn put his head down and started walking to his bedroom. Jonah grabbed his wrist, making him wince.

Jonah pulled Corbyn towards him, and noticed him wince once again. Jonah's face immediately softened. Tears grew in his eyes when he realized why Corbyn was in pain. "I'm sorry," Corbyn mumbled.

Jonah gently rolled up Corbyn's sleeves and looked at the scars, some new and some old. Some were even still bleeding.

Jonah started sobbing. He pulled Corbyn into a loving hug and the blonde boy cried into Jonah's chest.

"Don't ever hurt yourself again," Jonah cried. He gently kissed Corbyn's forehead a couple times. "I love you so much Corbyn. You don't need to change, not for anyone, you're perfect just like this."

Corbyn nodded sadly. Jonah pulled away from the hug and wiped his tears then Corbyn's.

"I'm sorry," Corbyn whispered.

"Don't be sorry my angel, just promise it won't happen again," Jonah said, looking into Corbyn's eyes.

"I promise," Corbyn mumbled. Jonah nodded with a small smile then pecked Corbyn's lips.

"Good. I'm going to help you get better baby, we'll just take it day by day."

"Ok. I love you Jonah," Corbyn said softly. Jonah gently pecked his lips.

"I love you too."

A/N if you guys are ever having bad thoughts and/or are harming yourself. I'm always here to talk, you're not alone, you got this❤️