Nightmares - Zaniel

🌈🧸 you know the person that's ignoring you? Yeah, the one you just thought of. Don't worry about them hun, you're amazing

Third person

Zach has been having nightmares a lot recently. Not just the ones where you wake up as you fall to your death. It's the ones that make him shake, sweat, and sob. He wakes up drenched in sweat while his cheeks are stained with tears and his whole body is shaking against the bed.

He sat in bed, shaking, sweating, sobbing, and breathing harshly. He just woke up from another nightmare, his 3rd one that night.

He checked his alarm clock, 4:45am.

He slowly got out of bed and used his phone as a flashlight. He cautiously walked out of his room and down the hall to his boyfriend, Daniel's, room. He slowly opened the door and smiled slightly at his boyfriend, who was sleeping peacefully. He slowly walked over to Daniel, but then realized how peaceful and happy he looked. Zach decided not to bother him and started walking out.

"Zach?" Daniel called out groggily. Zach turned around and looked at Daniel with a small frown. "What's up darling?"

"I just had another nightmare, it's not a big deal," Zach said, trying not to disturb Daniel.

"Come here love," Daniel said as he made space for Zach. Zach slowly walked over to the bed and laid down next to Daniel. Daniel wrapped his arms around Zach and held him close. Zach smiled and listened to Daniel's soft heartbeat. "How many did you have?"

"3," Zach whispered. Daniel frowned and hugged Zach tighter. He hates seeing his baby like this, scared of going to sleep at night.

Zach's eyes started getting glossy and he eventually started crying into Daniel's chest. "I hate this Dani. I want to sleep at night but I just can't without worrying that I'll have another nightmare," Zach cried. Daniel sighed as he played with Zach's hair.

"I know love, I know," he soothed. "I don't know what else we could do, the doctor had no explanation, and we've tried almost every strategy out there."

Zach nodded as he slowly calmed down. Daniel gently rubbed his back for comfort.

When Zach was completely calmed down Daniel played with his hair. "Do you want to go to sleep love?" Daniel asked the small boy softly. Zach shook his head, which caused Daniel to sigh. He let Zach lay on his own for a second then went to get something.

Zach stared at the ceiling as he waited for Daniel to return. He suddenly felt cold without his boyfriend's body there to comfort him.

When Daniel finally came back he was holding Zach's teddy bear, Chubs, in his hands. Zach's smile grew.

Daniel laid down beside Zach again and handed Chubs over to the small boy. "When you have a nightmare Chubs and I will be right here to fight it off," Daniel said then kissed Zach's forehead.

"Ok," Zach said with a giggle.

He laid his head on the blond's chest and closed his eyes.

Zach fell asleep with a smile on his face, and he woke up the next morning nightmare free.