Only the beginning - Zaniel

Third person

Third person

The band, Why Don't We, Are currently in an interview for a radio station.

"So, who here is single?" the girl asked the band.

"Whoever is single raise your hand," Jonah said. Daniel and Zach both raised their hand.

"Oh wow, ok. So Corbyn's with Christina, Jack's with Gabriela, and Jonah, who are you with?" The girl asked curiously.

"You know, that's something I'd like to keep to us, when she's ready to come out then we will, but we'll do it on our own time," Jonah answered sweetly.

"Ok that's fair," the interviewer said with a smile. "Are you guys straight? Because let's be honest, every limelight wishes you guys are secretly gay and dating each other." They all laughed slightly.

"I as a matter of fact I am not straight," Zach said quietly. They all looked at him shocked. Zach hasn't come out, and he found out he was gay because he likes Daniel, but Daniel stayed quiet.

"Since when bro?" Corbyn asked.

"I figured it out a little less than a year ago, I wasn't comfortable telling anyone till now," Zach answered.

"I'm proud of you," Jack said then patted Zach's back. Zach gave him a small smile then looked down sadly, Daniel didn't say anything, meaning he's not gay.

*after the interview*

The five boys all walked into their house, Zach immediately ran upstairs to his room.

"What's up with him?" Jack asked.

"I'll go check on him," Daniel offered. He ran upstairs and slowly walked into Zach's room. "Zach?" Daniel asked.

He looked around to see Zach laying on his bed while staring at the ceiling. Daniel sat next to him and smiled down at him. "What's wrong Zach?" he asked gently. Zach sat up and faced Daniel.

"It's not a big deal," Zach answered. "It's getting late I should go to bed."

"No Zach, don't try to change the subject, what's wrong?" Daniel asked as he held Zach's hand, making butterflies swarm Zach's stomach.

"It's uh, about the interview," Zach started.

"Go on," Daniel said encouragingly.

"When she asked us who's straight. I uh, I'm the only gay one in the band, it's kinda embarrassing," Zach explained.

"Can I tell you a secret?" Daniel asked. Zach nodded. "I'm gay too, that's why I haven't had a girlfriend since like high school."

Zach quickly hugged Daniel, causing both boys to smile.

They slowly pulled away with huge smiles across their faces.

"Now can I tell you a secret?" Zach asked shyly.

"Of course Zay," Daniel answered, still smiling.

"I like you," Zach said slowly and quietly. Daniel smiled then smashed his lips onto Zach's, causing their smiles to grow.

Daniel brought Zach closer by his waist, while Zach wrapped his arms around Daniel's neck.

They slowly pulled away and placed their foreheads together.

"Will you be mine Zach?" Daniel asked quietly.

"Of course."

And that was only the beginning of their relationship.

A/N I hope this is ok❤️