Cake - Jarbyn

Third person

Jack quickly grabbed every ingredient that he needed out of the cupboard and pulled out a recipe for vanilla cake.

It's his and Corbyn's two year anniversary today and Corbyn should be home from work in half an hour.

Jack put in every ingredient except flour, then started pouring out the flour.

He tried to put in two cups but accidentally put in three, making himself sigh in annoyance. He looked at the time, 6:43, Corbyn will be home soon.

Jack quickly stirred it all up and quickly put the batter into the pan. He threw the pan into the oven and set a timer for 10 minutes, knowing he'd have to put the temperature higher.

He got out vanilla icing and a knife to prepare for when the cake was ready.

A few minutes later the timer went off and he pulled the cake out, accidentally burning his hand without a mitten.

"Fuck," Jack shouted and shook out his hand. He placed the cake on the counter and sighed, half of it was undercooked and the other half was crumbling and falling apart.

He tried to get it out of the pan before he realized that he didn't put non-stick spray on the pan. "WHY AM I SO FUCKING DUMB?" Jack shouted, running a hand through his curls. He quickly got a knife and pried it out of the pan then set it on a plate. He quickly tried to put it back together with frosting.

When the frosting was on it didn't make it any better, the cake was now just a huge circle made out of crumbled cake and icing. Jack looked at the time, 7:00, Corbyn just got off of work. There might be traffic, I have time to get a new cake, Jack thought.

Jack ran out of the house and into his car, he quickly drove to the closest grocery store to get a cake.

He ran inside and bought a carrot cake, knowing it's Corbyn's favourite kind.

Jack drove back home to see Corbyn's vehicle in the driveway. "Fuck," Jack mumbled. He grabbed the cake and ran inside to see a very confused Corbyn. "Shit, you're here."

"What is all of this?" Corbyn asked sweetly.

"I tried to make a cake for us in 30 minutes but then it turned out like shit then I tried to buy a cake before you got home and then now you're here and-," Jack rambled, tears falling from his eyes. "I fucked up."

Corbyn walked over to Jack and took the cake, placing it on the counter. Then he went back to Jack and hugged him tightly, playing with his soft curly hair.

"You didn't fuck up love," Corbyn soothed.

"Yes I did, the cake's literally falling apart," Jack whined as he pulled away from the hug. Corbyn wiped away the younger boy's tears and pecked his lips. "I love the surprise baby. How about you cut us each a piece of cake and meet me in the living room for a movie date? Ok?"

"O-ok," Jack said, wiping away his fresh tears. Jack went to cut the carrot cake but then Corbyn stopped him.

"I want to eat your cake love," Corbyn said gently.

"But why? It looks like it could've been made by a kindergarten," Jack asked sadly.

"I want to eat the cake made by my baby boy, the one I've fallen in love with everyday for the last two years. Ok?"

"Ok," Jack sighed. Corbyn kissed Jack's forehead then left to set up the movie.

Jack cut out two pieces from his crumbling cake and put them each on a plate. He grabbed two forks then made his way to the living room. He sat down beside Corbyn and leaned into his body. On the tv screen showed 'Titanic' it's the movie they watched on their first date. Jack handed Corbyn a plate with cake on it and Corbyn gratefully took it.

"Thank you angel," Corbyn said with a smile, making Jack blush. Corbyn took a bite of the cake and smiled. "Tastes amazing love, you're a great chef."

"Th-Thanks," Jack blushed. Corbyn smiled at the small boy and held him closer as he started the movie.

Jack cuddled into Corbyn more as they ate their cake.

The two smiled.

The cake may have been a fail, but overall, this night was a success.

A/N I hate this