Darkest minds - Dorbyn

Ship: Dorbyn
Famous or nah: Nah

This is based off of the movie The Darkest Minds so if you've seen it then you'll hopefully understand! If you haven't seen the movie I definitely suggest it! And this will be a bit different from the movie so bare with me

Daniel's POV
I woke up in a bed, tear stains down my cheeks, I remembered the events from the previous week.

I walked into my parents' room because I had a bad dream. I laid down in their bed without waking them and I gently touched my mom's arm, I felt my eyes go dry and I realized something was different. I felt a shock in my hand and I instantly took it off of my mom's arm. I decided I should go back into my bedroom.

The next morning I woke up and went downstairs to my mom who was in the kitchen making breakfast.

"Hi mommy," I said as I walked into the kitchen.

"Who are you. Who are your parents sweetheart?" She asked while coming towards me.

"You're my mom, and that's daddy," I said pointing to my dad who was now also in the kitchen.

"No sweetie, we're not your parents, you must be lost," she said in a gentle voice. Tears came to my eyes and I almost started to cry.

"Mommy it's me," I pleaded.

"I'm sorry darling, but I don't know you," She said.

I snapped back into reality and noticed I was in a hospital bed, there was a man beside me with a computer.

"Am I in a hospital?" I asked.

"Not quite. You're in the camp for living children," he explained.

"The living children?" I asked.

"Yes, from the disease." I remembered how just weeks ago children started dying, and more and more kept dying until there was almost 90% of them gone, I was a lucky survivor.

"What are you doing?" I asked him as he got something prepared.

"You're an orange." He shouted. I started to run away from fright, if you're an orange then you get killed, oranges are too dangerous to adults. "Hey! Get back here!" he shouted chasing me with a needle. I fell and he almost stuck the needle into me but I grabbed his wrist and went into his mind.

"I am a green, I am a smart one," I said. I came out of the trance and he went back to his computer and put me into the program as a green. I put on the green pair of pyjamas that he gave me and went out to the rest of the kids.

*10 years later*

Over the past few weeks kids over 17 got forced to work, if we didn't they could kill us. I managed to escape when I knew all of the guards were on their break, they usually don't do that but they do it randomly once a month so we can't keep track, but I'm above most people in how smart I am so I always knew when they would be gone. I ran and ran and ran until I found another group of kids in the woods around a campfire. They all stared at me in fright and I gave them the same look. I started backing up.

"Hey, wait," a boy with dyed blonde hair said. I shook my head and turned around and started walking the other way until I felt someone grab my wrist. "Hey, it's ok, we won't hurt you." I turned around to face the blonde haired boy again and he gave me a welcoming smile.