Dancing in the dark - Jorbyn

Ship: Jorbyn
Famous or nah: Nah

Jonah's POV
I saw my crush Corbyn, also my friend, walk past me and into the gym. Prom is in a week and I don't have a date yet, I want to ask Corbyn but I'm scared, I don't think Corbyn likes me in that way. I know that Corbyn is gay, he's had boyfriends in the past but he probably doesn't like me. I walked to my first class of the day and sat in my chair as the teacher started the lesson.

*after school*

I walked home from school with Corbyn, we decided to hang out at my place and have a sleepover since it's Friday and we don't have school tomorrow.

"Do you have a date to prom?" I asked Corbyn.

"No, what about you?" he answered.

"No," I said.

"Are you planning on getting one?" Corbyn asked. I decided to lie because I couldn't tell him that I wanted to ask him.

"I don't know, depends."

"On what?"

"If anybody would want to go with me."

"Whoever didn't want to go with you is crazy," he said with a sweet smile then put his hand on my shoulder. "You'll find someone, I promise."

"Thanks Corbs," I said, part of me disappointed. Knowing that he said that tells me that he doesn't want to go with me. "Wanna go to the park?" I asked.

"Sure," he replied.

*a few days later*

These past few days Corbyn has been really distant, he doesn't respond to my texts, he doesn't answer my calls, and he ignored me at school. Prom is in three days and I still don't have a date, but I don't really plan on going because I won't be able to find a date.

As I walked home from school with my head down I got a call from Corbyn, I picked up immediately.

"Hey! Are you busy right now?" Corbyn asked through the phone.

"No," I answered.

"Can you meet me at the park in 5 minutes?"

"Why?" I asked.

"Just meet me there, ok"

"Ok, see you soon," I said then hung up. I put my phone in my pocket and started walking to the park.

When I got to the park  I saw Corbyn sitting on a bench holding something. I walked over to him and he smiled up at me.

"Hey," he said then stood up.

"Hey, why did you want me here?" I asked. He didn't say anything, instead he pulled out a big sign. I started reading it out loud. "I know I've been distant but I was planning the perfect way to do this. So Jonah, would you like to join me at prom 2k18?" I read. I started crying and I nodded, Corbyn hugged me then pulled away with a huge smile on his face.

"There's one more thing, keep reading," he explained. I nodded then continued.

"And I have one more question." I paused and Corbyn flipped the sign around. "Will you give me the honour of being your boyfriend?" I looked up at Corbyn and he smiled. I nodded then jumped into his arms, he lost his balance but then quickly regained it. I calmed down then I pulled away and we smiled at each other.

"You're finally mine," Corbyn said then wrapped his arms around my waist. I put my arms around his stomach and leaned my head against his chest. (Yes Ik Jonah is taller than Corbyn but pretend Corbyn is taller)

"Want to go back to my house?" I asked.

"Sure," he replied. We walked to my house and took pictures with the sign then threw it out. We went up to my room and cuddled on my bed as I turned on Netflix on my t.v. We put on a movie and watched Netflix for the rest of the night.

*Prom*

I walked down my staircase to Corbyn who was wearing a black suit and bow tie. I walked over to him in my navy blue suit and bow tie and wrapped my arms around his back as he put his around my waist.

"You look handsome," Corbyn commented.

"Thank you, you look great as well," I replied.

"Ready to go?"

"Yeah," I replied. We walked out to Corbyn's car and he got into the driver seat as I got into the passenger seat.

When we got to my school we handed the people our tickets then walked into the gym, we were greeted by some students dancing on the dance floor and some standing by the table with drinks. Corbyn and I walked over to our friend who was at the table of food.

"Hey guys!" Adam welcomed.

"Hey," I replied.

"Guys this is my girlfriend Hayleigh," he said motioning to the girl next to him.

"Hi, I'm Jonah," I said with a smile.

"I'm Corbyn," Corbyn said to her with a smile as well.

"Hi! It's nice to meet you guys!" Hayleigh said with a smile.

"You too," I replied. A slow song came on and Corbyn looked at me then put his hand out.

"May I have this dance?" he asked gently.

"Of course," I replied. I took his hand into mine and we walked to the dance floor. I put my arms around his neck and he put his around my waist and we started moving swiftly around the floor.

"I'm glad that we came together," Corbyn said quietly with a smile.

"Me too," I replied. We kept dancing until the song was over.

As we started dancing to the next song the lights suddenly went out, everyone started looking around in the pitch black until a flashlight was shown on the stage.

"Can everybody listen up please!" The principal shouted. Everybody quieted down then focused on the principal. "There seems to be something wrong with the lights, so prom will have to go on hold, we will keep the music on but the only light will be from this flashlight," he explained. Everybody nodded. I got out my phone and turned on the flashlight and started swaying it to the music, then Corbyn, Adam, and Hayleigh did too and eventually the whole gym had their phone flashlights on. The gym was lit up and we could see, not as well as if the lights were on but it was good enough. A slow song came on and all of the couples started dancing together on the dance floor. Corbyn and I swayed back and forth as we looked deep into each other's eyes.

"I'm glad the lights went out," Corbyn said gently.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because then I could make this memory with you," he answered with a smile.

I put my head on his chest as we slowly swayed to the music, I smiled thinking of how we would tell the story of this very night.