Nightmares - Janiel

Jack's POV

I ran through the forest, not sure what I'm running from, I didn't even know why I was even in the forest.

Sweat beaded down my face as I ran, my lungs were closing and less and less air was coming in.

I was running until I fell to the ground. I looked around frantically seeing that I tripped over a tree stump.

As I fell my arm got caught under me and I felt a snap. I cried out in pain before getting up again, continuing to run.

My lungs totally closed and I fell to the ground. My vision slowly started leaving me.

I saw a shadow hover above me, I suddenly remember why I was running.

The shadow brought their hand down and started squeezing my neck, making me shout out in pain.

Tears streamed down my face as I struggled to get out of his grip.

I sat up quickly, feeling my neck and arm as I panted. Tears were streaming down my face and sweat was building up on my forehead.

I noticed that I wasn't in a forest at all, in fact I was in my bed.

It was just a dream.

I let out a sigh in relief but kept crying.

"Jack?" I heard a gentle voice say. I looked to my left and saw Daniel sitting up next to me. He put a hand on my back and started rubbing it. "What's wrong?"

"N-nightmare," I stuttered.

"Shh, it's ok, you're safe," he comforted. I nodded slowly then leaned into him, desperately wanting comfort. He held me in his arms tightly and I smiled slightly. "Ready to go to bed?" Daniel asked gently. I nodded slightly. "Ok."

Daniel and I laid down and I laid my head on his chest and he wrapped an arm around me. I smiled as I cuddled into him slightly. "Go to sleep Jack," he said and gently kissed the top of my head. I nodded then slowly fell asleep.