Chapter: 71 I Vow

Start from the beginning

I can see his soul through his eyes.

I hold both of his hands in mine like I am drowning down in water and he is the support which will keep me afloat. Not even once I waver my gaze from his face, memorizing each and detail of his face. I want this memory to imprint in my mind and heart forever. His expression is also no different than mine. He is staring at me like he is also etching this moment... our moment in his mind.

The wedding officiant commences the ceremony, which I happily tuned out as my husband standing in front of me has got all my attention. The mischievous smile on his face, clearly shows that he is not bothering to listen to the officiant either and just like me, he is also waiting for the main moment.  

Hey! I do not mean the kissing part, I mean the 'I do' part.

"Oh C'mon! She is doing it again," I hear Natalie murmur, making me snap my eyes to her.

She is sitting in the front row, giving me a pointed look with her signature innocent devilish smile. When I glare at her and slightly shake my head to tell her not to say anything further, she shrugs then signs zipping her lips.

You can't tell what embarrassing words can come out of Natalie's mouth.

Nathan lightly tugs my hand when I shift my eyes back to him, he raises his eyebrows in a questioning manner. 

"You may say your vows to each other," Before I can respond to Nathan, I hear the officiant say to us.

Nathan hold tightens on my hands, he exhales a quick small breath from his mouth. He looks away for a moment, then turns to me with a small smile.

"Abigail..." he breathes, then shakes his head and lightly chuckles.

"There's so much I want to tell you, but seeing you like this... in front of me," he bites his bottom lip and shrugs, "My mind has gone blank... I don't remember a single word which I thought I would say to you at this moment."

"But now when I look into your beautiful warm brown eyes, I know I don't need words to express my feelings. Because these eyes know me better than myself. Everything which I want to tell they already know," he sighs, "But I can't just skip to the best part so I will try to voice my thoughts... my feelings."

"Nathan Knight always wanted to be the best, and he was. But even after getting whatever he wanted, the Nathan in him had always been restless. Now I know why he was not at peace, because he was looking for you... you brought peace into his life," he rubs his thumbs over the back of my hands.

"I never understand why, whenever you said even jokingly that you will be with someone else, it hurt me. The thought of you being with someone, who is not me, troubled my heart. My feelings were so puzzled at that time, that I used to think I am going crazy. But now when I think about those times, everything seems so clear. I have been in love with you, even before I had realized it."

Closing my eyes I take a deep ragged breath as I try to keep myself together. 

"Our journey to this moment was not easy, most of it was because of me, for which I will be always ashamed of. There were lots of ups and downs in our ride. We both have to overcome numerous challenges to witness this moment. However, if it means I get you at the end of all those hurdles, then I don't mind facing all those challenges all over again."