Chapter: 66 He Is Mine

Start from the beginning

"What happen?" I ask her as soon as she attends the call. 

"I accidentally cut my finger with the paper cutter knife,"  her eyebrows pinched in pain as she looks at her finger, then she sucks it.

"Shit, is the cut deep?" my voice slight raise in concern, "Is it badly bleeding?" I bring the phone near to my face and narrow my eyes at the screen trying to look at her finger.

"I don't think it is deep, "she slightly stretches the cut with her both thumbs, making me wince, "But then why it is bleeding so much?" she asks herself, as she inspects her finger.

"Show me."

She brings her finger near the camera, which is surely bleeding. It is not a small cut, but thankfully it doesn't look deep. I flinch when I see the redness seeping through the cut.

"What were you doing?" I ask her, as she wraps tissue paper around her finger.

"I was opening the new stacks of printer papers," she sighs, then gets away from the screen. A moment later she places the first-aid box and wraps a band-aid around her finger after cleaning the cut and applying the antiseptic.

She didn't even flinch when she applied the antiseptic cream while my heartbeat quickened by the thought of stinging feeling caused by the antiseptic.

"Is it still hurting?" 

"Nope, not much," she presses her finger with the other hand.

"Ok, I have a meeting in ten minutes," I check the time on my wristwatch, "So, I will meet you later."

"Even better I will pick you up after work. You will be done by six, right?" I mentally count how long meeting will last, as this is the last meeting for today.

"Yeah, I think," she raises her eyebrows and nods.

"Ok, then I will see you in two hours," I smile.

"Ok, bye," she smiles and curtly says, then hangs up the call.

Unfortunately, the meeting lasted more than I have thought. I have informed her that I will be a bit late and asked her to wait for me. 

When I step outside the office, I see a bunch of people from press standing outside the gate of the office. Taking long strides I walk towards them, as I reach them anger flares up inside me when I notice Ashley standing there and talking to them.

"What the hell is she up to now!" I clench my jaws.

"Mr.Knight, why did you keep your marriage hidden?" the first person, near to me, asks pointing his mic towards me, as everybody's attention turns to me.

Ashley looks at me and smiles as I glare at her, knowing that all of this is her doing.

"Were you forced into this marriage?" Another person asks, "This girl claims you both love each other, but your parents were against your relationship and threatened to disown you if you married her, that's why you broke up with her, is it true?"

"What?!" In spite of being furious, I can't stop myself from laughing as the story which Ashley is feeding these people is downright pathetic.

"We heard that your marriage was a deal, was it because of Abigail's past?" 

Hearing this fury surges through my veins.

"What the hell, did you just say?" I growl as I take a step towards the person ready to smash his face with his mic.

The exact moment a hand is slipped into mine halting me in my steps. 

"May I know what is this all about and why are you guys bothering my husband?" Abigail places her other hand on my arm and gives a polite...no, extremely polite smile to them, making me curious what is going on in her mind.