Dreamcatcher Part 3

The class I was in now was the one I had none of my friends in, but that was fine because it was art class. I sat silently at my desk, one earbud in, and focused on my pencil strokes across the page. I wasn't necessarily good at art. I mean, the only part of art I was good at was drawing with a pencil and shading with it. But throw in paint or colored pencils or clay or whatever, and I sucked.

Which is why most of my arts were done in pencil, no matter how much my teacher tried to deter me from it. They couldn't do much. I was only in this class because I needed another class. Apparently, you're 'not allowed to have only two classes a day'. So, I shoved this and Forensic Science into my schedule. I was actually kind of glad I took this class. It was a 45-minute break from the chaos of my world.

However, I was not destined to have that break today because Liam showed up outside the open classroom door. He seemed anxious, and he kept waving for me to come out to him. I sighed sadly down at my unfinished artwork (they had taken a more gruesome turn lately), and started putting up my stuff.

The teacher was pretty lenient about letting me go to the bathroom and this time proved to be no different. I walked out of the classroom to Liam, lifting my hands in a 'what' way.

"She's here. Tracy's here in History class."

"Oh, okay, wow." I realized I had no idea how to deal with this situation. Malia wanted to put her down, Scott wanted to save her. I didn't want to do the wrong thing. "Let's get Scott." Liam nodded and he followed me to where Scott's class was. He was in AP Biology, and I smiled when I heard the teacher give him praise about doing well on the first exam. Way to go, Scott. As his reward, the teacher asked him to recap last night's reading. I would've been worried, but he'd read the book twice. He could do it.

The door was open, so Liam and I stuck our heads in enough to where the teacher wouldn't see. Lydia, Kira, Scott, and Theo (ugh) were all in the class together, thought Theo sat in the back away from them. Scott was flipping through his book, knowing he couldn't get up and walk over to us, but also not wanting to disappoint his teacher. He disguised his slowness by pretending to look for the page in his book and tapped his ear.

Liam told him Tracy was here, and, looking in, I had the sense that Theo had listened in as well. Snoop.

"Actually, ma'am, I really have to go to the bathroom. It's an emergency," Scott asked.

The teacher sighed, unfolding her arms. "Fine. But just this once." Scott nodded, instantly running for the door. We started walking to the class Tracy was in.

"I walked into History class and saw her sitting at the back. She's not looking too hot," Liam warned.

"We should get everyone out of the building in case she snaps again," I said.

"How?" Scott asked. I remembered something back when I was with Stiles and fought back a smile.

"I got it. You go. I'll meet you there."

Scott nodded, and the two ran down the hall where the class was. I stepped to the fire alarm that was on the wall, took a deep breath, and pulled it down. Instantly, the alarm blared, and I ran away from it. I wanted to get as close to Scott and Liam as possible before everyone started filing out.

When they did, I was slowed significantly, racing against the flow to reach the end of the hallway. The classroom Tracy was in was already clearing when I got there. Scott and Liam stood in the front, so I joined them. Liam hadn't been wrong about Tracy looking a mess. Her hair was matted and frizzed, her feet were shoeless and covered in dirt and a little bit of blood. She was sweating, but her clothes looked relatively clean.