Pack Mentality Part 1

Scott relived his nightmare, telling Stiles and me just how he killed Allison. They were making out on a school bus, then he ripped her to shreds. I turned a 10-minute story into a five second one.

"So you killed her?" Stiles asked.

"I don't know. I just woke up," Scott replied, walking down the hall.

"Sounds like you killed her," I said, smoothing out my dress.

"I was sweating like crazy and I couldn't breathe. I've never had a dream where I woke up like that before."

"Really?" Stiles said surprised. "I have. Usually... Ends a little different, though." I made a grossed-out face at him and he shrugged, smirking down at me. Why was everyone all of a sudden smirking at me? And why was I now thinking about Stiles' sweaty sex body? Stop it!

"A) I meant a dream that felt that real, and B) never give me that much detail about you in bed again," Scott replied.

"Noted. Let me take a guess here, though."

"No, I know you think it has something to do with me going out with Allison tomorrow, like I'm gunna lose control and rip her throat out," Scott said. The sentence forced a memory in my head that I slapped away. I couldn't think about that.

"No, of course not," Stiles said. Scott gave him a look and Stiles pursed his lips. "Yeah, that's totally it. Hey, come on, it's gunna be fine, alright? Personally, I think you're handling this pretty freaking amazingly. You know, it's not like there's a Lycanthropy for Beginners class you can take."

"Yeah, not a class, but maybe a teacher," I replied.

"Who, Derek?" Stiles rose his voice at me. He grabbed my shoulder to make me look at him. "Are you forgetting about the part we got him tossed in jail?"

"No, she's right. I'll do it. Chasing Allison, dragging her to the back of the bus... It felt so real. Like it actually happened," Scott agreed. We walked out the back doors and stopped in our tracks. There was a bloody bus with the backdoor ripped open. People were taking samples and pictures while the cops were standing around talking to people and taking notes.

"Are you sure that it didn't?" I breathed. On the backdoor were four white scratch marks. I looked over to Scott, who looked horrified.

We walked back inside and Scott immediately took out his phone.

"She's probably fine," Stiles said.

"She's not answering my texts." Scott groaned and became increasingly scared.

"It could just be a coincidence," I offered, even though I knew it wasn't likely.

"A seriously amazing coincidence," Stiles muttered, and I gave him a pointed look. Not helping.

"Just help me find her, okay? Do you see her?" Scott's heart raced the farther we walked. None of us were seeing Allison anywhere, and finally Scott threw himself against a locker, breathing heavily and trying not to turn. He screamed and punched the locker. It dented inwards and the top swung off its hinges, barely hanging on by the bottom.

He walked away and I went to it, trying to place it back in its spot.

"Aw, crap," I muttered as I attempted to subtly bend it back as the principal announced something I didn't listen to.

"The hell'd you do to my locker?" I heard behind me. I gasped and jumped, whizzing around. Jackson was standing there, somewhere between wanting to smirk and me and wanting to scowl at me. I pressed my back against the lockers to get as far away as I could, but he stepped closer, using checking his locker as an excuse.