Lunatic Part 3

Stiles picked me up after going to the store. I told him I couldn't go because I needed to catch up on homework, so he agreed to gather what he needed himself.

"You ready?" I asked as he pulled up to Scott's house. He seemed excited, and I knew it wasn't to see Scott, so he had something up his sleeve. Probably revenge, if I had to guess. I'd let him at it.

Stiles carried a heavy-looking duffle bag as he unlocked the front door. I closed it as we entered.

"Scott?" Melissa asked, coming to the door. She stopped when she noticed it was us.

"Y/N and Stiles," Stiles chuckled awkwardly. I smiled at her and she furrowed her eyebrows, looking down at Stiles' hand.

"Key..."

"Yeah," he said casually. "I had one made, so..."

"That doesn't surprise me," she relented. "It scares me, but it doesn't surprise me." Stiles smiled and dropped the bag. It landed on the floor with a metallic thud. "What is that?"

"School project," I said.

"Hmm... Guys, he's okay, right?"

"Scott? Yeah, totally," I replied, although I didn't know if it was true.

Melissa's face turned in sadness. "He just doesn't talk to me that much anymore. Not like he used to."

I bit my lip, feeling slightly guilty. "Well, I'm sure he's just had a bit of a rough week..."

"Yeah, well. You two be careful tonight. Full moon."

"What?" Stiles and I blurted, our faces dropping at the thought that she might know the truth. She eyed us suspiciously, digging her keys from her purse.

"There's a full moon tonight." She chuckled nervously at our too-serious expressions. "You should see how the E.R. gets. Brings out all the nut jobs."

"Oh, yeah. Right. Obviously. The E.R.," I mumbled.

"You know, it's actually where they came up with the word lunatic." Melissa left, leaving me and Stiles to stare at each other with nervousness. So, Scott was a lunatic probably. That should be fun.

I took in a deep breath and we went up to Scott's room. Stiles put the bag on the floor as he opened the door and the light was off. Stiles flicked on the light and I flew backwards into Stiles, squeaking. Scott was sitting in a chair glaring at us. He looked like those hitmen in the movies that break into your house and wait in low lighting for you to come back so they can slit your throat. Hopefully, no throats would be getting slit tonight.

"Jesus Christ, Scott, what are you doing?" I grumbled when I'd gathered my wits. Stiles picked up the bag and set it in front of Scott while I sat on the edge of his bed.

Stiles knelt to open the bag. "Let's get this set up. I want you to see what I bought."

"I'm fine," Scott replied shortly, still glaring as us from under his brow ridge. "I'm just gunna lock the door and go to bed early tonight."

"Well, here's the thing. You've got this kind of serial killer look in your eyes and it's a little freaky, so I think we're gunna tie you up just to be sure," I said, my nerves on high alert.

"I'm fine. You should go now."

"Okay, we'll leave," Stiles replied with a sigh. "Well, look, would you just look at what I brought? Maybe you use it, maybe you don't. Sound good?"