Alpha Pact Part 1

I winced as Stiles slapped an unconscious Derek over and over again, screaming his name to make him wake up. Derek was alone in the elevator, and Blake was nowhere to be seen.

When the slaps weren't working, Stiles clenched his hand into a fist, and tried again. This time, Derek's hand shot out to catch his wrist as his eyes popped open. They both panted as Derek looked around.

"Where is she?" he asked.

"Jennifer? Gone with Scott's mom and Y/N's dad."

"She took them?"

"Yeah, and if that's not enough of a kick to the balls, Scott left with Deucalion, okay?" Stiles was talking so fast he was practically wheezing.

"We gotta get you out of here. The police are coming right now," I said, holding out my hand. Derek took each of our hands, letting us help him up.

"What about Cora?" he asked once on his feet.

"She's fine. We got her out," I replied. "Now, come on!"

"Go. We'll stall the police," Stiles said. Derek nodded and ran to the door. I sighed, slumping down into a chair by the entrance, and Stiles sat down next to me. It seemed there was a permanent frown on his face that mirrored mine. We didn't talk to each other, both lost in our own worlds of worry. I slipped my hand into his to make up for the not talking and to comfort him a little, and he comforted me right back by gently rubbing his thumb over my skin.

I looked over at the police when a tall man in an expensive suit walked through the door. He had an FBI badge dangling from a chain around his neck.

I hadn't seen him since he left maybe 10 years ago. Why was he back now?

"Holy crap," I mumbled. Stiles looked at me confused then turned his head to look at what I was seeing.

Stiles rolled his eyes and sighed, tapping his head against the wall as the man walked to us. "Oh, just perfect."

"Mr. McCall," I greeted unhappily. We'd never liked each other, so it wasn't a new thing that I was so cold towards him. But I mainly didn't like him because my parents hated him, and then he left Scott after something bad happened, and I had my own reason to hate him. I wondered for a second if he was still a drunk and had just gotten better at hiding it.

"A Stilinski and a Y/L/N at the center of this whole mess," he murmured, his hands in his pockets casually. "What a shocker. Think you can answer some questions without the usual level of sarcasm?"

"If you can ask the questions without the usual level of stupid," I replied seriously.

Mr. McCall smiled angrily. "Where's your dad, and why's no one been able to contact him?"

"I don't know. Haven't seen him in hours," Stiles answered honestly. I wished Sheriff was here. It'd be nice to see a familiar face that I didn't want to rip off.

"Is he drinking again?"

"Are you?" I snapped back, and I felt Stiles' hand squeeze mine in warning. "He never had to stop. Unlike some people, he can control his alcohol intake."

McCall pursed his lips angrily at me then decided to ignore it. "But he did have to slow down. Is he drinking like he used to?"

"Alright, how about this? Next time I see him, I'll give him a field sobriety test," Stiles quipped, narrowing his eyes at McCall. "Okay, we'll do the alphabet. Start with 'f', end with 'u'." McCall smiled again, pushing a burst of air through his nose.