Weaponized Part 1

Stiles and I stacked the money as Scott plugged in a radio. He pressed play after shoving in the tap. A manly voice that sounded like it'd been sent through a modulator filled the room.

"After entering the IP address, you will be connected through a Darknet portal to an untraceable bank. Once logged in, enter your account number to receive wire transfers. The IP address will deactivate with each transfer. You will be assigned a new IP address if you chose to continue down the list. Remember, visual confirmation is always required for payment." Stiles turned off the tape as the voice sent chills down my spine.

"You ever made a wire transfer?" Stiles asked.

"Never had enough money," Scott replied with a bite in his tone.

"So you guys didn't understand a word of that either?" I wrapped my arms around myself, trying to keep warm as I stared at the money.

"I don't understand any of this," Stiles replied as he stood. He grabbed his jacket from on top of his bag and tossed it to me, almost like he wasn't aware he was even doing it. I pulled it on anyway, needing the warmth that Stiles' scent still provided me. His jacket didn't fit like it used to, and I think he noticed that.

"Why would someone use all this money just to kill us?" Scott asked as Stiles took a seat on the floor again.

"Someone wants you guys dead, dude. Badly," Stiles frowned. It was clear he was worried about us. No one seemed to know what to say, so I sighed and started counting the money. Each stack was about $10,000, and there were about 50 in front of me. Some of it was covered in dried blood that I did my best to ignore. As I did the math in my head, my actions slowed until I was stiff and staring at the cash.

"What? How much is it?" Scott asked.

It took a while for the words to actually get out of my mouth. "$500,000. It's blood money."

"We knew that. It was Garrett's," Stiles said. Scott knew where this was going because he looked down guiltily. So this was why he had been acting so strange.

"Well, did you know it was my parent's blood?!" I snapped at Stiles. I stood quickly, pacing the floor furiously. "How could you, Scott?! You were actually thinking about using the money that cost my parents their lives? What the fuck is wrong with you?!"

"I know, I know!" Scott replied, rubbing his face. "I just-. I don't know what to do!"

"You're unbelievable," I seethed, receiving an ashamed expression. I shook my head at him before stomping out of his room and going into mine, making sure to close the door a little harder than necessary.

I didn't realize I was crying until I was face down on my bed, sobbing into my pillow. I missed them more than I ever thought I would, and to have the money that Garrett got for them staring me straight in the face made me feel furious and pathetic all at the same time.

I faintly heard Scott tell Stiles that he should go home since we have pSATs tomorrow, and I heard Stiles begin to talk about proceeding with caution since the money was technically Derek's and Peter's. Screw them both then.

My sobs had stopped by the time I heard Malia come running up the stairs. I stopped breathing loudly to listen to her talk.

"We found Satomi's pack. Derek and I. But they're dead," she said.

"All of them?" Scott asked, shocked.

"All the ones we found."

"Then where's Derek?" Stiles wondered.