Parasomnia Part 3

We started following Theo the second he got out of school, and now it was dark outside, and we were in the woods. Theo drove the van there, and he pulled something wrapped in brown paper and twine from the trunk. He left his car at the entrance, deciding to walk the rest of the way.

"I told you he was up to something," Stiles whispered to me and Liam, who was on my other side.

"We just spent three hours watching this dude play video games in his bedroom," Liam complained. "He better be out here covering up a mass murder."

"Let's find out," I replied, gesturing for them to follow me out from behind the bushes. Liam was by my side, Stiles behind us, and I felt almost like a mama duck.

"Still got his scent?" Stiles asked ten minutes later, coming up to walk on my other side.

"Don't need it," I replied. I pointed to the deep footprints imprinted in the dirt. I walked forward, but stopped when I noticed Liam wasn't beside me anymore. I turned to see he was standing still with a frown on his face. "What is it?" I wasn't worried because I didn't sense any kind of bad and dangerous feeling coming from him.

"I forgot I was supposed to meet Mason at the school gym."

"Okay, why didn't you just tell him?" I asked as Stiles walked up next to me, his body language clearly telling me wanted to continue following Theo.

"Tell him what?"

"Anything," Stiles answered, a little snappily.

"I can't just tell him anything."

"Why not?"

"Because I haven't actually told him everything..." Liam blurted, digging his hands into his jacket pockets, his cheeks turning pink.

"You know we said it was okay, right?" I said gently. I felt Stiles glance at me, probably rolling his eyes at the way I interacted with Liam.

Liam fumbled his words, unable to look me in the eye. "Yeah, I know. But it's not that easy. It's a lot to accept." Liam finally looked up at me, his eyes wide like he was seeking validation.

I put my hand on Liam's shoulder comfortingly. "It's okay. I get it. It took me three years to tell Scott and Stiles. It would've been longer had Scott not turned." Liam smiled at me, but Stiles scoffed next to me.

"He watched my dad blow up a Berserker with a land mind, okay? I think the groundwork's been pretty thoroughly laid for acceptance," Stiles told him, his voice lacking gentleness.

I rolled my eyes at Stiles' answer. "Look," I said. "The three of us have been through this. More than once. Take it from personal experience, it's always better when they know." I offered him a smile then turned to continue. Stiles eagerly followed me, but Liam did not. He followed after a few seconds.

"But what if he freaks out?" Liam asked. "What if he doesn't want to talk to me? What if he tries to stab me with something silver?"

"Silver's a myth," I replied, only half-listening as I tried to find Theo's trail again.

"Or what if- AGH!" There was a loud thud, and I snapped around. Liam was no where behind me, but there was a giant hole where he used to be. Stiles laughed quietly as I ran to the edge, him close on my heels.

"Liam, are you okay?" I said, watching as he shook the dirt from his hair.

He looked up to answer, but Stiles said, "What the hell are you doing?" Liam didn't answer, simply staring at Stiles like that was a stupid question as he shook his head.