Galvanize Part 3

Scott was dragged off by Mr. Yukimura to have dinner with them and Kira, so he couldn't help me and Stiles make an investigative mind map on Stiles' walls. Oddly enough, I found myself distracted by hoping it was going well with Scott and Kira. He deserved something that would make him happy.

Stiles pinned a red yarn string connecting Barrow to the high school. We hadn't even really talked about it, but it was like we came up with the color code together without needing to ask one another about it. Green for solved, yellow for to be determined, red for unsolved. We also had blue, but that one was because of me. It was pretty. We hadn't actually used it yet, but I was sure we would. Actually, we hadn't used any color besides red.

"I'm sorry you got detention for pulling the alarm," I mumbled, falling onto my back on Stiles' bed, my hair splayed on his pillow. His pillow smelled amazing, and I almost wished I could bathe in the scent.

Stiles rubbed his chin while looking at the board, a green sharpie in his hand. "Yep."

"Every day this week. That's gotta blow."

"It's okay. We were onto something," he replied with a shrug.

"But we have no proof he was there," I sighed with frustration, throwing my arms out so they could slap against the bed. "No scent, no bomb. You got into trouble for nothing." My voice had dropped to a whisper, and I felt the bed dent as Stiles crawled up next to me, leaning up on one elbow so he could tuck hair behind my ear.

"Not for nothing, babygirl," he hummed, staring down at me.

"I love you," I whispered as I watched his eyes dance across my face like he was trying to memorize every pore and freckle while his fingers linked with mine. "Even if the world was pulling us apart, I'd still love you." At my very sudden and serious words, Stiles furrowed his eyebrows at me lightly, looking down at our hands for a second before looking back up at me.

He kissed me gently, and I was the one that made it needy. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer to me. After a while of just feeling each other, I pulled back and looked at him laying over me.

"Stiles, how much do you love me?"

"More than Rey loves Finn," he replied, gazing down at me. I frowned and his mouth dropped open. "Babe. Star Wars, we watched it, remember?"

"No... You watched it, I sucked you off, and then we got distracted and one thing led to another and we wound up having sex on your desk."

"Oh, yeah... That was fun... Okay, then, I love you more than Scott loved Allison," he said.

I dead-panned, staring at him as I whispered, "Really?"

He grinned when he realized I understood. "Mhm. 10 times more." He kissed me gently. "20 times more." Stiles nestled comfortably between my legs, lightly grinding his hips into mine and making me sigh happily into his ear. "Thir-. The school!"

And suddenly every bit of arousal I felt drained from my body, replaced by confusion. "What?"

Stiles shot off of me, grabbing his keys. "Get up, babygirl. Get up now. We're going to the school." I whined, but did as I was told.

When we got to the school, Stiles headed straight for the chemistry room. It was still odd being in here after Harris had died.

"Baby, what are we looking for?" I grumbled, still upset about his big fat brain ruining our moment. He opened the chemical room and I frowned. "That was definitely supposed to be locked."

As he stared at the chemicals, he said, "Yeah, I know. Notice anything else?" He pulled his phone from his pocket, turning on the light to shine it at the flasks.