Visionary Part 1

Cora stood at the window, watching the rain come down through the Alpha Pack symbol painted on the glass. She relived the story of Derek and Peter when they were our age. They were in the woods, and the hunters killed their friend and attacked them. So, they ran and hid in a place underground. Something about an old tree that could heal.

"They were there for two days, waiting, hiding. That's what we're taught to do when the hunters find us—hide and heal," Cora explained. I rolled my eyes. She was basically telling Stiles about a process he already knows thanks to me.

Why did we even have to stay here with her anyway? Derek had been gone for two days after the Alphas forced him to kill Boyd, and I had to be punished for it by watching Cora salivate over Stiles? Unfair.

I think Stiles was starting to notice because I've been in a sour mood for a while. I hardly even cuddled with him. I know it's not his fault, but the way she kept blatantly touching him whenever she could was really getting on my nerves. And Stiles didn't stop it! Like, he wasn't comfortable at all with it, I could see that, but he hadn't told her off yet. I shouldn't expect that from him, but I wished he'd do something.

"Okay, so is two days standard, then, or are we thinking Derek's on like some extended getaway?" Stiles asked. He was wearing a light blue tee under a brownish plaid flannel. He looked great with his sleeves pushed up to his elbows and his hair spiked up to the sky. But I was pissy, so I wasn't letting him know that I thought he was beautiful.

"Why do you care?" Cora asked, turning to face Stiles as he paced. I sat on the couch, grumpily staring at the blank TV screen and pursing my lips in annoyance. I was pretty sure I even mocked 'why do you care' in my head like an immature child.

"Why do I care? Let's see, because over the last few weeks, my best friend and my girlfriend has tried to kill themselves-." I perked up a little, feeling a little cocky that he called me his girlfriend to her face. "-Scott's boss nearly got ritually sacrificed, a girl that I've known since I was three was ritually sacrificed. Boyd was killed by alphas. I-. Do you want me to keep going?" Stiles snarked. "'Cause I can, alright? For, like, an hour."

Cora pursed her lips, and the petty part of me hoped it was because he called me his girlfriend. "You think Derek can do anything about that?" she asked, walking towards him.

"Well, since he's the one everyone seems to be after, it's more like he should do something about it," I said, standing up and crossing my arms at her.

Cora glared at me before going to on ignore me. "I don't know. There's something different about him now. He wasn't like this when I knew him." She leaned against the table that was between her and Stiles. I dropped my arms, my brows furrowing with curiosity.

"What do you mean? What was he like?" I asked, animosity (mostly) out of my voice. Cocky footsteps sounded as Peter walked down the spiral staircase to us.

Before coming down to us, he stopped halfway to say, "A lot like Scott, actually." I walked up next to Stiles, my arms crossed again, this time because of Peter. I still didn't like that guy. By the look on Stiles' face, neither did he. "A lot like most teenagers. Unbearably romantic, profoundly narcissistic, tolerable really only to other teenagers. You know." The way he said the last part made me think he was directing that whole sentence to me and Stiles. I blinked at him to let him know I didn't care what he thought.

"Don't give me that look. I could smell your jealousy from upstairs," Peter replied. Cora smirked and Stiles furrowed his eyebrows at me like he hadn't known, but he understood now.

"I'm no-," I started.

"Anyway," Peter cut me off, and I growled lowly. "What changed him was the same thing that changes a lot of young men—a girl."