Venomous Part 1

Scott and I were chilling in our seats waiting for class to start when Stiles rushed in frantically.

"Dudes. I just talked to my dad, who just talked to Jackson, and I've got really terrible, horrible, very, very bad news," Stiles said.

"I think I already know," Scott said, gesturing to Isaac, who was sitting right in front of me. I stared at my desk guiltily. I, for one, had been happy when Isaac came in the room. Jackson must've said something that took Isaac off the suspect list.

But my best friends weren't happy about it. Which means I either have to choose, or I have to lie. Neither of which I actually wanted to do...

"Alright, I only found one thing online called the Kanima," Stiles said as we left the classroom. "It's a werejaguar from South America that goes after murders." My lips pulled into a knot. If that's true, then it had been after me.

"But that thing was not a jaguar," Scott said.

"Yeah, and Y/N's not exactly a murderer," Stiles replied, his voice genuine. He didn't know.

"Yeah... But it's still trying to kill you," Scott said to me, making me stop. They kept walking obliviously. "And it probably won't stop until you're dead."

"That's comforting, Scott, thank you," I mumbled, walking again. He was right though. I killed someone, and now it was trying to kill me.

We passed Isaac and Erica in the hall, and I locked eyes with him. Why was I not allowed to like any of the guys I liked? One corner of Isaac's mouth perked up in a secret smile and I chewed on my lip, looking away from him. What was I going to do?

At our desks, I flipped through my textbook, pretending to read it, but really thinking about Isaac. Jackson slid into the empty seat next to me behind Scott.

"Hey, cock and balls," Jackson said, aiming that at us three. I rolled my eyes. Was I supposed to be the penis or a testicle in that scenario? Stiles and Scott also stopped their actions to roll their eyes. "What the hell is a Kanima?" My mouth dropped open and we all turned to look at him. How the hell did he know about the Kanima?

Before we could speak, Coach slammed an econ textbook down on his desk. "Alright, listen up. Quick warning before we begin our review." The three of us shared at confused glance, still on the Jackson topic. "Some of you, like McCall, might want to start their own study groups because tomorrow's midterm is so profoundly difficult, I'm not even too sure I could pass it." Coach chuckled with amusement. "Okay. I need a volunteer at the board to answer the first question."

We turned to look at Jackson while a guy when up to the board.

"Paralyzed from the neck down. Do you have any idea what that feels like?" Jackson seethed. I snorted at him.

"I'm familiar with the sensation, yes," Stiles replied, earning a glare from Jackson. Maybe he thought Stiles was mocking him.

"Wait, why would Derek test you? Why would he think that it's you?" Scott asked.

"How should I know?"

"Wait, do they think it's Lydia?" Stiles blurted.

"I don't know. All I heard was her name and something about chemistry."

"Jackson!" Coach yelled, making us all jump forward to look at him. He had somehow walked up right next to Scott without us noticing. "Do you have something you want to share with the class?"

"Um... Just an undying admiration for my-my coach," Jackson improvised.

Coach smiled sarcastically. "That's really kind of you." Jackson chuckled like 'yeah, I know', making me roll my eyes. "Now shut up! Shut it!" Coach walked back to the front.

Scott pulled Stiles in by his shirt and nodded, letting me know to get in on it as well. I leaned forward, cutting Jackson out of the conversation.

"How do we know it's not her?" Scott asked. I looked over my right shoulder at Lydia, who was watching the guy at the board with boredom. So, it's probably a Snake Girl. Whoops.

"Because I looked into the eyes of that thing, okay? And what I saw was pure evil," Stiles said. "When I look into Lydia's eyes, I only see 50% evil. Alright, maybe 60. You know, but no more than 40 on a good day."

"Stiles, that's not a very good argument," I sighed. "It could be her."

"I swear it's not her," Stiles said.

"You're only saying that because you're obsessed with her. You don't actually know," I snapped. He narrowed his eyes at me.

"I know. It can't be her. Lydia's fine."

I sighed and leaned back to my seat, rolling my eyes. He was making my decisions a lot easier. I looked over to see Lydia teary-eyed and flinching as if someone was about to hit her, though no one near her was even looking at her.

"Lydia?" I said quietly to her, but she didn't move. She suddenly screamed and ran to the board, picking up a chalk. Tears were draining from her eyes as she wrote gibberish on the board. Coach cooed her name as she turned, gasping, to face us, holding the chalk in her hand.

She snapped back to reality with a whimper, watching the class staring at her, her eyebrows knitting together.

"Okay then... Um, anybody else want to try answering? This time in English?" Coach asked, turning away from Lydia. I leaned close to Stiles and Scott again. The class laughed, excluding us three and Jackson. Lydia whizzed around to stare at her masterpiece on the board.

"What's that, Greek?" Scott asked. I narrowed my eyes at it.

"No, it's English. Stiles, give me your phone," I said. Mine was probably still at the bottom of the pool. Stiles pulled his phone out of his pocket and I used it to take a photo of the board. "Check it." I showed them, and when I flipped the photo, every line said 'SOMEONEHELPME'.