Wolf's Bane Part 2

Scott sat in front of me as we ate, then Stiles plopped into the seat next to him.

"Did you get the necklace?" he asked.

"Not exactly."

"What happened?" I said when he heaved a sigh.

"She told me not to talk to her. At all."

Stiles bit frustratedly into his chicken, chewing with some still hanging out of his mouth. "So... She's not giving you the-."

"She's not giving me the necklace."

"Well, did you find anything else out?" I asked after swallowing.

"Just that I know nothing about girls, and that they're totally psychotic," Scott sighed. I narrowed my eyes at him, pursing my lips to show how I felt about that comment. "Sorry."

"Hm," I replied. "Okay. Plan 'B'. Steal the stupid thing."

"Couldn't we try at least getting to Harris?"

"My dad put him on a 24-hour protective detail, alright? The necklace is all we got. Steal it. Thank you," Stiles closed. Scott looked up and stiffened.

"Guys, he's watching us," Scott said uncomfortably, shifting forward in his seat. I looked over my shoulder to see Jackson staring from two tables away. God, what a creep. I faced Scott again, and heard Jackson bite into an apple. The soft crunch made us both wince with discomfort. Luckily, Jackson couldn't see my face.

"Scott," Jackson whispered. Scott and I stared at each other, since we were the only ones who could understand what the other was hearing. "Can you hear me?"

"Scott, stop reacting to it," I said as his eyes widened.

"You can, can't you?"

"What's wrong?" Stiles asked.

"He's talking to me. He knows I can hear him," Scott panicked. Stiles' eyes widened, too, and he started to look over to Jackson. "Look at me!" Stiles' eyes ripped back to Scott. "Talk to me. Act normal. Pretend that nothing's happening."

Stiles shook his head, looking dumb-founded as he glanced between me and Scott.

"Are you trying to pretend you don't hear me?"

"Say something! Start talking!" I hissed, and Stiles gulped. "Oh, what, now you have nothing to say?!"

"I can't think of anything! My mind's a complete blank," Stiles apologized.

"Seriously?!"

"I'm under a lot of pressure right now!" Stiles whined. He licked his lips, then gestured to the table. "FYI, he's not even sitting with them anymore." Scott and I looked over to see that he was gone, and I started scanning the cafeteria for his face that I wanted to punch until he wasn't hot anymore.

"Looking for me, McCall?" Jackson asked, and Scott stilled, staring at the table. "I'm right here. So what else can you do? Huh? Can you see better? Are you stronger, more powerful? No, I knew there was no way you suddenly got that good at lacrosse. Which means you're actually a cheater, aren't you? I mean, can you even play lacrosse?"

"Yes," Scott growled.

"Don't answer him. He's just trying to get a rise out of you," I said. Stiles looked confused and jealous that he couldn't hear as well.

"I'll bet my new co-captain's gunna score a bunch of shots tonight, aren't you? And while you're pretending you're not a lying cheat, I'm gunna ruin your life if you don't get me what I want. And you know what I'm gunna start with? Her. I'm gunna destroy any chance you'll ever have with her." Scott took a drink from his water bottle, his hand shaking with rage. "And when I'm done with that, I'm gunna get her all alone, and I'm gunna get my hands all over that tight little body."