Fury Part 2

I smiled at the ground. We did it, and in a completely official way. We nailed Matt. From the front, I heard a heart beating frantically, and I tensed, listening. Was that Stiles' heart?

"She's on her way here," Scott said, putting his phone back into his pocket. I stared at the door as Stiles walked in. Matt was right behind him, pointing a gun at his head. He shoved Stiles over to me and Scott.

"Matt? It's Matt, right?" Sheriff asked, his hands raised in defense. "Matt, whatever's going on, I guarantee you there's a solution that doesn't involve a gun."

"You know, it's funny you say that because I don't think you're aware of just how right you are," Matt chuckled. I grabbed Stiles' wrist, ready to yank him out of the way if need be.

"I know you don't want to hurt people," Sheriff said.

Instantly, Matt replied, "Actually I want to hurt a lot of people. You four weren't on my list, but I could be persuaded." Wow. Cute. Witty. I tried not to roll my eyes. "And one way is to try dialing someone on your cell phone behind your back like McCall is doing."

Scott immediately pulled his hand out of his pocket, giving me and Stiles wide-eyed glances.

"That could definitely get someone hurt. Everyone," Matt said. I think we were supposed to hand over our phones, which wasn't something I wanted to do. "NOW!"

"Come on," Sheriff said to us, warning us to go along with what Matt wanted. I wanted my parents here. I wanted Allison's parents here. I wanted anyone here who could help. But without my phone, none of that was possible. I frowned and dropped my phone onto Sheriff's desk next to the other three phones.

Matt dragged us all to the cells and told Stiles to cuff his dad to the bench, so Stiles loosely cuffed him while Matt pointed his gun at them. I had my arms crossed, one hand by my mouth to pick nervously at my lip.

"Tighter," Matt scoffed at Stiles.

"Do what he says, Stiles," Sheriff said. Stiles' face twisted in annoyance as he tightened the cuff. Matt pushed Stiles away after, making us all walk out as he followed behind us.

We were about to pass a hall when Scott stopped, staring down it. There were three dead guards littering the hall, their blood sprayed along the walls. Matt looked down the hall proudly.

"What, are you gunna kill everyone in here?" Scott panicked while I stepped closer to Stiles. This time it was for me. I needed the comfort as I stared at all the dead people, my chest heavy with guilt. It wasn't technically my fault, but was it by default?

Matt chuckled, "No, that's what Jackson's for. I just think about killing them and he does it." Matt pushed us again so we'd start walking back to the Sheriff's office. "Y/N, I want you to shred every ounce of evidence and every file you have on me."

I stared at him blankly. Was he serious? He wanted me to destroy police property? The only thing that was going to stop the killings? No way.

"Do it now!" Matt yelled, pointing the gun at my forehead.

"It's okay, Y/N. Do it," Stiles said. Pulling my mouth into an angry knot, I gathered Matt's files and turned on the paper shredder.

"Stiles, thanks for volunteering. I want you to erase everything digital you have on me," Matt smiled. With an angry huff, Stiles walked around to the computer and started typing. Slowly, I watched all our hard work drop into the waste bin in tiny specs of paper.

Matt sat in the chair, a smirk on his face as he kept the gun pointed at us. I shredded the last file as Stiles deleted the last of his findings.