Silverfinger Part 1

I pushed Scott into the chemistry room the next day at school. I told him about what happened to me last night and oddly enough, Scott said that happened to all of them after Derek broke up the party. The black figures burned marks on the backs of everyone's ears in the shape of a backwards 5, and I had it, too. Scott wasn't attacked, though. Not yet anyway...

Stiles walked into the room already talking. "Right, at the party, Y/N started talking about phosphors and the key having chemicals on it, right?" Stiles panted as he rushed his words out, dropping his backpack to the floor. "So that made me think of the chemistry closet and the fact that someone had to let Barrow i-."

"Stiles." He turned to see what I was staring at. The blackboard was wiped clean. "Did you erase the board before you left?"

"No. It's gone," he said like he couldn't believe his eyes.

"Okay. I-It doesn't matter. You still have the key."

"Right." Stiles fumbled with his keys as he ran over to the door. He flipped through every key, growing increasingly panicked. "What the hell... I had it." He searched again, but the key wasn't there. Scott looked at me, as if asking if it really happened.

"I was there. I-I saw the key, and the closet, and the words..." I mumbled, shaking my head.

"I had it. I had it here. This morning, I swear to god, I had it this morning."

"Maybe it fell off in your car or something?" I tried.

Stiles momentarily forgot about the key as Scott and I followed him to the board. "We were here a couple hours ago. And the message left to Barrow spelling Kira's name was right there on the board in my handwriting and I had the key to the chemistry closet."

"So you unlocked the chemistry closet so Barrow could hide in it from the cops and then... you wrote him a message to kill Kira?" Scott said incredulously.

"I know how it sounds..." Stiles grumbled. He fished a paper out of his pocket, unfolding it. "Look at this. This is the news report that came out about Barrow when they caught him. About the shrapnel bomb he used. See this? See what he did?" I looked over to look at the page. "He put nuts, bolts, and screws. And then he hid the bomb and the detonator in a box that he wrapped as a birthday present."

"Stiles, you don't seriously think that has any relation to the prank we pulled on Coach, do you?" I asked. "When would you have done that? We're together practically all the time."

"Y/N, that's no coincidence. It can't be." Stiles' eyes were wide, and he almost did look crazy.

"I don't want to sound like I'm trying to tell you you're wrong," Scott said carefully. "But I don't think that you're trying to kill people either."

Stiles stared back at the board, crumpling the paper in his fist. "It was here. It was all here," he whispered.

"Stiles, are you feeling okay? You look really tired. You should let me take you home," I said, gently touching Stiles' arm. I didn't think he would attack me, but he certainly seemed a little jumpy these days.

"No, I'm fine. I just haven't been sleeping really..."

"Okay, I'm gunna take you home. Take a sick day," I decided as Stiles' eyes didn't look away from the board.

When we got to the jeep, I forced Stiles into the passenger seat, taking his keys from him. He leaned against the window, staring into nothing. I decided not to tell him about the black figures. He had enough going on without having to worry about me.