Riddled Part 2

We all gathered in Stiles' room, Lydia and Aiden already there and staring at the red strings Stiles and I pinned to the wall for his investigation. Oddly enough, them being in here felt intrusive. It wasn't technically my room, but it was mine and Stiles' space where it was just us. It was like they knew our secrets now.

"I heard it," Lydia said. Isaac opened his mouth to speak.

"Don't ask. It gets more confusing when you ask," Aiden warned, and Isaac pursed his lips and nodded. Lydia sighed and turned to look at the bed, pointing out the red strings.

"Not as confusing as this."

My eyes filled up with tears again as I stared at the laser-like maze created by the strings. What the hell was going on?

"Focus, Y/N," Isaac said, putting his hand on my shoulder. I looked at him with wide, glistening eyes and nodded, mentally repeating my mantra.

"Okay. W-we use red for unsolved cases. I don't know if that means anything," I sighed, shaking my head. I was beginning to feel useless.

"Maybe he thinks he's part of an unsolved case," Aiden offered.

"Or is an unsolved case," Isaac added.

"Hold on." Lydia turned to face us with shock. "Is he still out there? You don't know where he is?" The way she said it made me feel like I was the one who kidnapped and trapped him. I wanted to see her try finding him with the minute amount of information he gave me.

"Not all of us are banshees, Lydia," I groaned, squeezing my bowed head between my arms.

"He said he's in an industrial basement," Scott informed. It was a good thing they weren't taking anything I said to heart right now because I felt like I wanted to call them all idiots and swear at them.

"Can you get a scent?" I mumbled, looking pleadingly up at Scott and Isaac.

"What else did he say?" Lydia asked, seeming concerned. If I was a rude person, I would've remarked about how she cares now when a year ago she didn't even acknowledge him. But I'm not rude, so I didn't say that.

"Um, something is wrong with his leg. H-he's bleeding," I stuttered.

"And he's freezing," Isaac helped.

"Tonight is the coldest night of the year. It's gunna drop into the 20s," Aiden blurted. Isaac put his hand on my back when he saw my lips purse to hold back my tears. How long did Stiles have if he was bleeding and freezing?

"What did his dad say?" Lydia asked.

"We kind of... We didn't tell him yet," Scott mumbled. Lydia's jaw dropped in anger.

"Stiles is bleeding and freezing and you didn't call his dad?" Her tone made me feel like she was calling me a bad girlfriend, so I had to defend myself.

"He made me promise not to!" I replied. Lydia closed her eyes slowly, inhaling deeply. I wanted to smack the look off her face, but she had a point.

"We can find him by scent," Scott said, backing me up. "If he was sleepwalking, he couldn't have gotten far, right?"

"No, h-his jeep is gone. He wasn't just sleepwalking," I sighed. I walked past them to sit on Stiles' bed, holding my head in my hands. "I should've felt him get up. I should've-..."

"You promised you wouldn't tell his dad, but I didn't," Lydia said, already pulling out her phone.

Scott begged, "Wait, don't. I can get more people. Derek, Allison-."