Currents Part 3

I sighed, letting my head droop for a second as the failure washed over me. I jerked back up, clapped my hands together once and said, "Okay, next plan." I held up a pencil, freshly sharpened. "Automatic writing."

"Automatic writing?" Lydia repeated, the look on her face telling me she thought it was bull. I didn't even bother with an explanation as I nodded at her. I could tell Stiles' patience was wearing thin because he was gripping my free hand with intensity.

Lydia took the pencil and stared down at the paper before her, puffing out her lips in a sigh. She started to draw, and Stiles suddenly became interested again, leaning over to watch.

"Lydia, what are you doing?" Stiles asked confused by the fact that she was drawing a tree. "What-what the hell is that?"

"A tree," she replied simply, not stopping her pencil strokes.

Stiles' left eye began to twitch. "A tr-... Lydia, you're supposed to be writing words, like in sentences. Something like a location, something that would tell us where he is."

"Well, maybe you should've said that," she argued. Stiles' pulse rose the longer he glared at her, and I sighed heavily.

"This isn't working," I said.

"Isn't she supposed to be some kind of genius?" Cora asked.

"Genius, yes. Psychic, no," Lydia frowned. Stiles leaned on the desk, covering his eyes with his hands and trying to calm himself. "Honestly, I don't know why you're even bothering with me anyway. I mean, especially since it's obvious you should be talking to Danny."

"Wait, what?" I said instantly as Stiles' head popped up to listen.

"Why Danny?" Stiles asked as Lydia continued drawing.

"Because... Last night, he was a target," Scott said from the door, capturing out attentions. His hand was covering a wound on his right shoulder that was covered in blood. "But it wasn't a sacrifice."

"He was a distraction," I sighed, kicking myself for not having seen it sooner. The bell rang and we left, grabbing out stuff.

"But isn't Danny still in the hospital?" Cora asked Scott.

"Yeah, that's where we're going right now," Stiles replied since Scott was busy with his phone.

"I'll meet you there," Scott said.

"Why?" I asked, jogging up to his side. Scott stopped, showing his phone to me and Stiles. There was a text message from Allison saying she found something. Whatever it was, I hoped it would help. I also hoped Scott would be smart enough to not get caught up in anything that would waste time that we didn't have.

Stiles and I snuck into Danny's room at the hospital. The light was off and he was sleeping peacefully. I almost felt bad about waking him, especially since the first thing he'd see is Stiles and he doesn't really like Stiles all that much.

Stiles leaned down, whispering, "Danny, you awake?" When Danny didn't move, Stiles shook his shoulder. "Danny?" Stiles tapped Danny's face once, then three times, receiving no reaction at all. He wasn't dead, so he must be a really hard sleeper.

Stiles made a face at me, then smacked Danny's cheek with the back of his hand. Danny inhaled sharply and Stiles fell back into me fearfully. We would've both been on the floor if I was human.

Danny groaned, still asleep.

"Wow," Stiles muttered, stepping to the bed again to try and wake him. I grabbed his shirt, pulling him back, and I pointed at Danny's backpack sitting on the chair right next to him. Stiles sighed with relief and hastily unzipped the bag.