Lunatic Part 1

I gasped in a breath that stung my lungs like fire. It felt like I hadn't breathed in ages. It was cold everywhere, and I was shivering because of it. It was also dark, I couldn't see a thing. I coughed wetly, spitting up something I couldn't see. I felt it splash on me. I looked around even though I was blind.

There were four thin lines of light creating a square, and it looked almost like a door. I pushed on it and it swung open. Light flooded in from the room and I had to cover my eyes for a second to get used to it. When I uncovered my eyes, I blinked and crawled out towards the light. I fell onto the floor and groaned at the dull ache in my chest.

Looking down at myself, I saw a white sheet on the floor that had fallen with me. It was splattered with black stuff that looked exactly like what Derek had spit up in the animal clinic. I also noticed I was completely naked. Except for the little tag on my toe. I ripped it off and forced myself to stand.

"What the hell?" I groaned. My head pounded in my ears. Around me was a metal slab and medical supplies, and behind me was what I had just crawled out of. It was the wall of holes where they store dead bodies.

My mind raced as I looked for something to cover myself with. In a drawer were extra scrubs, so I slipped those on and ran to the phone sitting on the desk. I picked it up, my breaths coming out in crazy pants as I dialed Stiles' phone number.

"Yeah?" came his voice. It sounded different somehow, but I couldn't place my finger on it.

"Stiles?" I said. My voice was hoarse and cracked, and I licked my lips to try to wet my mouth. I heard a crash on the other end.

"Who is this?" Stiles sounded somewhere between angry and confused.

"Y/N. I-I don't know where I am," I said, feeling unusually nervous.

It was quiet on his end for a second, then he said angrily, "Whoever this is, it's not funny." The line went dead. I stared at the phone in shock then pressed redial. He picked up instantly and seethed, "Stop calling me. If this if you're idea of a joke, it's sick."

"Stiles, wait! Don't hang up, you moron. I need your help," I blurted quickly. He was silent.

"Y/N?"

"Yes."

"H-how are you...?"

"Breathing? I don't know. That's what I'm trying to tell you. I just woke up here. I don't know where I am. I need you to come pick me up," I begged.

"Y/N, you're in the morgue at the hospital. You've been dead for two days."

My heart felt like it dropped to my feet as all the air was forced out of my lungs. "Two days?"

"Yeah. Y/N, stay put. I'm on my way." The line died again before I could say anything, so I put the receiver back down and looked around. There was a sink. And I was so thirsty, I drank straight from it, cupping the water in my hands to scoop it into my mouth.

I turned the faucet off and wiped my hands on my pants, sighing as the water seemed to awaken my body. Then vomit rose up in my throat. I retched into the sink, thick black goo splashing onto the metal. I exclaimed in disgust as I turned on the water again to wipe it down the drain. It took a bit to get the goo down, but it went, and I rinsed out my mouth.

"What the hell happened to me?" I muttered. I licked my lips and slowly stepped out of the morgue door and into the hallway. "Hello?" No one was in the hall, so I started walking toward the double doors at the end.