The Overlooked Part 2

The elevator dinged as it opened and we walked out onto the 2nd floor of the west wing. The lights flickered, probably due to the storm, and Derek stopped, staring into a room and dropping Blake's arm. I peeked in to see a pile of black blood on the floor. Cora's. However, Cora was nowhere in sight. In fact, nobody was there. At all.

"Derek," Scott said from the other side of Blake. His eyes were following the small trail of black droplets on the floor. The blood led into the double doors in front of us, and inside were sounds of muffled grunting.

The doors burst open and Peter slid to a stop at our feet on his back, groaning in pain.

He looked up at Derek and said, "We got a problem." Then he lifted his head to look down the hall where he'd just come from. "Big problem."

I looked up to see a massive gargantuan standing at the other end. He was shirtless and had a seam right down the middle of his skin. It was the Twin. He growled threateningly, baring his teeth and holding his arms outstretched in the promise of a fight if we dared to cross.

Derek transformed almost instantly. I guess we dared. He growled as he and the Twin ran at each other. Derek went low, wrapping his arms around the Twin's waist and forcing him back a few feet. The Twin got his footing and skidded to a stop, slamming his elbow down onto Derek's back. Derek groaned and doubled over before getting over it and landing a punch so hard to the Twin's ribs that I could see the impact from here.

Derek tried to punch the Twin's face, but he blocked it and grabbed the back of Derek's neck, thrusting his fist into Derek's face repeatedly.

As Scott growled and transformed, the Twin threw Derek into the wall, waiting for Scott to run up. Scott jumped off the wall to claw the Twin, but he dodged it, then he swung at Scott. Scott ducked to his arm flew harmlessly through the air.

"Help me," Stiles said to Peter. Peter nodded and as the Twin shoved Scott up against the wall, Stiles and Peter snuck past to grab Cora, who was lying unconscious on the floor.

"Ethan, Aiden, stop. You don't know what you're doing," Scott grunted through the hold he had on his neck.

"All we want is her," the Twin said.

I transformed and ran down the hall. Using the left wall as a catapult, I slashed my claws into the Twin's back. He growled and used one arm to hit me, sending me flying into that same wall. I groaned, but didn't have time to focus on the pain as I looked down the hall to see Blake standing behind closing elevator doors.

The Twin threw Scott against me to give them time to compete with Derek to get to her, but the doors were already closed. Scott and I got up as Peter hoisted Cora over his shoulder. We ran down to the morgue and Derek yelled don't stop, so we kept going through the next set of doors.

I stopped when I realized Stiles wasn't with us anymore. Looking back, I saw him standing the by the doors, holding the bat in his hand as the Twin roared behind us.

"Stiles!" I yelled, but he ignored me. I looked at Scott in panic, but it was too late. The Twin walked in through the doors, growling at Scott and I. Stiles, who was behind him, swung the bat at his head. The bat splintered into tiny pieces upon impact with the Twin's head, and he seemed completely unaffected by it, if not angered. Stiles looked at the bat in distress, then started backing away as the Twin growled at him.

He advanced towards Stiles, and Stiles ran around the slab to get behind me and Scott. As he did that, I leapt up, grabbing the edge of the overhead light. I ripped the edge of the light from the ceiling, then pushed it forwards until it slammed into the Twin's face. I landed in a crouch, glaring at the Twin as he howled in pain.