S2 Omega Part 1

Stiles had been letting me use his jeep, lending me his backup keys to it since Peter ruined the first set (losing them had been a lie for his father), and he spent all his time at the hospital with Lydia. Well, not with Lydia. More like in the same general vicinity as her. He was in the waiting room when I got there, and he was laying across all three seats with a Get Well balloon floating from his hand.

I was about to wake him up when he started mumbling, and because I love mental torture and blackmail material, I paused to listen. Also, I was watching him. He was adorable when he slept. His mouth hung open and I'm pretty sure that was a little bit of drool dripping down the corner.

"Just like that," Stiles mumbled. "No, no, you first." I put a hand over my mouth to stop from laughing loudly. His eyebrows shot up in surprise, still sleeping. "Me first?" His mouth spread into a smile and he snickered, then his face returned to his open-mouthed snore. It seemed like his snore made him jump and he rolled over in the chairs onto his back. His shoe was untied, his clothes disheveled and slightly wrinkled.

I turned at the sound of a door opening to see Lydia's father come out of her room, then looked back at Stiles. He was making kissing motions and smiling, which made me giggle and smile down at him, shaking my head.

"He's been here all night?" Lydia's father asked me, coming to stand next to me.

I scoffed, "No, sir. He's been here all weekend." Lydia's father walked away to stand by the door. Stiles' leg fell from its position perched on the wall while he continued to make out with air, and a nurse came by to take the trashcan that was behind him, giving him an odd look.

As she bent down to get it, Stiles mumbled, "You're dirty." He chuckled and kissed nothing some more while she tried her best not to react.

Okay, enough of that. I tapped Stiles' arm. "Hey, moron, wake up. Dinner time." His eyes blinked open and I grinned, holding up a bag of In-N-Out. He frowned awkwardly and began the feat of sitting up, which was both hard and fascinating to watch. Should I tell him he talked in his sleep?

"Thanks, Y/N/N," he said, still tired and his voice slightly deeper with sleep. I sat next to him to eat dinner with him.

"I got you a cheeseburger. You should really go home and take a shower, maybe change your clothes. Get some sleep," I said, sliding a fry into my mouth as I unwrapped my burger.

"Not until Lydia does," he replied.

Rather than argue, I rolled my eyes and started a new conversation, laughing and joking with him. When we finished, he offered to buy dessert, so we went to the vending machine. We stared into it as he dug through his pockets.

"M&M's?" I asked, as a joke. We always get the same thing. He half frowned, half smirked as he looked at me, and I at him.

At the same time, we said, "Reece's." Stiles put in two quarters and a dime and punched the letter I. In the machine, the little spiral spun until the Reece's were just barely hanging on, then it stopped. The candy was stuck, and I frowned. Stiles tried pushing the button again... And again and again and again, staring at the candy like it was life force.

He sighed, his shoulders sagging. "Seriously? Come..." He hit the glass casing with his flat hand.

"Just put in more money."

"What do I look like to you, a bank? No, we paid. We get our candy." I bit my lip to hide my smile since he looked so upset by this turn of events. He hugged the machine, his face squished against the glass as he tried to lift it, his lips trumpeting like an elephant. I stood back to watch humorously. "Just...! Gah! That's not gunna work." He let go, stepping away.