Heart Monitor Part 4

Harris dragged us back to his classroom where we sat in detention. Scott and Stiles sat next to each other and I sat across from them, facing them.

I drummed my fingernails on the table in front of me, using my claws out of boredom while Scott wiped his nose clean of blood and Stiles fiddled with his pencil. The time seemed to crawl like a snail, and I eventually started using my claw to carve a heart into the black desktop.

Scott threw the bloody tissue on the table and sighed, "Excuse me, sir? I know it's detention and all, but I'm supposed to be at work, and I don't want to get fired." Harris smiled at him and continued working on his laptop, making Scott roll his eyes.

When Stiles sighed, Scott said, "You knew I would heal."

"Yep."

"So you did that to help me learn?"

"Yep."

"But partially to punish me."

"Yeah. Well, that one's obvious," Stiles scoffed, rubbing the pencil between his palms. I smiled up at them, watching my two best friends reconnect right in front of me.

"Dude, you're my best friend, and I can't have you being angry with me," Scott said. Stiles rubbed his mouth then rested his head in his palm, glancing at me.

"I'm not angry anymore. Look, you have something, Scott. Whether you want it or not, you can do things that nobody else can do. So that means you don't have a choice anymore. It means you have to do something." Stiles looked over at Scott, and Scott nodded.

"I know. And I will."

Stiles nodded then looked at me, and I stared at him then sat up. "Me, too? Wait, I thought this was about Scott. Why am I getting those judgy eyes?"

"You have it, too, Y/N. You're just as obligated as Scott."

"What? I'm-." I sighed in defeat. "Okay. Fine. I'll be Wonder Woman." Stiles smiled victoriously and I rolled my eyes at him. Of course, he would find a way to drag me into that.

"Alright, the three of you, out of here," Harris said. Scott thanked him and raced out the door to get to work. I walked with Stiles to his jeep.

-----------------

"Y/N! Get up, get up!" I groaned to the feeling of someone jumping on my bed. "Get up, we gotta go. We're meeting Scott at the school."

I opened my eyes to see Stiles kneeling over me. I looked at the clock and groaned louder. "Stiles, I haven't even been asleep for 3 hours. Either I'm going back to sleep, or you're parting with some of your Adderall."

"I don't mind sharing. Hurry up, get dressed," Stiles said, pulling the covers off of me. I mentally cursed him but got up, pulling my favorite jeans and a cute top from my closet. I got dressed in my closet, the door halfway shut, and threw on a light jacket.

I emerged to see Stiles messing through my makeup. I shook my head, letting him do what he wanted to do while I put on a bit of mascara and brushed through my hair.

Stiles rushed to pick Scott, then drove to the school. I wondered how much Adderall he'd had then thought about how lucky he was for having something to keep him awake on nights like this.

"What are we even doing here?" I complained, knowing I sounded like a whiny girl but not exactly caring. I was way too tired for tonight.

"Calling out the alpha," Scott replied simply.