Venomous Part 2

"Derek is not gunna kill her without proof," Scott sighed when Stiles blurted his worries on the way to our next class.

"So, he tests her. Like he did with Jackson, right? But when and where?" Stiles said. Derek was testing her with the venom because apparently snakes are immune to their own venom. So if Lydia didn't get paralyzed, it meant she was the Kanima.

"Didn't Jackson say something about Chemistry? And Isaac and Erica just happen to show up today after weeks of skipping school? I'm guessing that's not a coincidence," I muttered as we walked into chem class. Lydia was sitting by herself at a table for two, and Isaac and Erica were headed directly for that seat. The three of us rushed over to sit next to her, me taking the seat beside her, and Scott and Stiles pulled up seats to sit around the table.

With us there, they couldn't touch her. But what about later? We couldn't be there to protect her at all times.

Lydia looked at us like we were crazy, and I smiled at her awkwardly.

"Hey," I said.

"Einstein once said, 'Two things are infinite: The universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe'. I myself have encountered infinite stupidity." Harris clapped Stiles' shoulder slowly, and I leered at him. What an awful man. Stiles pursed his lips. "So, to combat the plague of ignorance in my class, you're going to combine efforts through a round of group experiments. Let's see if two heads are indeed better than one. Or, in Mr. Stilinski's case, less than one."

I rolled my eyes as Harris told Erica to take the first station. As he was about to assign her a partner, all the boys (and even a few girls) in the class raised their hand, making Erica smirk arrogantly.

"I didn't ask for volunteers. Put your hormonal little hands down. Start with Mr. McCall," Harris said. I was paired with Lydia, and Stiles with Isaac. Believe me, the irony of that wasn't beyond me.

Lydia scooped some sugar into the mixture in our beaker. I helped as much as I could, but I was way too distracted by Stiles and Isaac. Isaac was, as usual, wearing his black leather and smirking, which I tried not to fawn over.

"If you harm one perfect strawberry blonde hair on her head, I'm gunna turn your little werewolf ass into a fur coat and give it to her as a birthday present," Stiles threatened Isaac. Well, that was inventive.

Isaac chuckled, "Really? And what about Y/N?"

"Oh, god, please don't say anything," I whispered as Stiles froze. Stiles' body moved like he was about to whip his head around to make sure I was still okay, and I busied myself with getting the exact measurement of product that I needed.

"Don't touch her," Stiles said lowly.

"Even if she wants it? Even if she begs me? Even while she's screaming my name tonight?" Isaac whispered, staring straight at Stiles with a daring expression. I swallowed thickly, trying hard not to imagine it. Obviously, though, it didn't work, and I was squeezing my thighs together under the table while my hands shook.

"Switch," Harris said as Stiles opened his mouth. I moved to the next table, and Isaac sat down right next to me, pressing his shoulder to mine. I looked at him, trying to slow my breathing as he smiled at me.

A smack sounded and Stiles grunted, making me look back. Harris had smacked his hand with a ruler when he tried to get up. Stiles was sitting with Scott and watching me intently.

"If you're trying to test my patience, Mr. Stilinski, I guarantee it'll be a failing grade," Harris said.

Maybe Stiles hadn't noticed yet, but Erica was sitting with Lydia. Crap. I nodded in their direction and Stiles, after a second of scowling at Isaac, glanced over. His scowl dropped into worry when he realized they'd messed up.