Visionary Part 3

Derek listened to the smooth classical sound of Paige playing Ave Maria on her cello, and the sound had begun to bring light to his heart. Every time he heard it, he knew she was happy and peaceful. He had never quite seen someone as peaceful as when Paige was sitting behind her cello and sliding the bow across the strings with expertise.

As soon as the bell rang, Derek walked down to the music room, waiting in the doorway to listen while she played. It was like she could sense him before she could see him because a slow smile spread on her face.

"What are you staring at?" Paige asked, cocking her head at Derek.

"I'm not staring. I'm listening," Derek replied sincerely. A blush crept up her neck as she smiled at him. "Am I distracting you?"

"No," she lied. "I've got laser-like focus." Paige set up to play again as Derek smirked and walked inside the room.

"You sure about that?" he asked teasingly, dropping his bag. Paige refrained from rolling her eyes as she closed them, listening to the hum of her cello. Her head was already tilting with permission as Derek moved her hair from her neck.

Yet she didn't stop playing as Derek placed his parted lips on the shell of her ear. She felt his hot breath tickle her skin and the tingle shoot down her spine as Derek dragged his lips up until she moved her head away, her cheeks a bright pink. The music had stopped now.

"I hate you," she whispered, a smile on her face as the blush deepened.

"No, you don't," Derek replied, then moved to her other side to sit in the chair next to her. "You love me." They grinned at each other.

"Hate you."

"You love me," Derek said seriously, his smile dropping to an earnest stare. Paige's throat constricted and all she could do was nod. She did love him. And the thought was terrifying.

Derek pulled her in gently by the back of her neck connecting their lips.

"It's so beautiful," I sighed happily. Stiles chuckled and put his arm around me to get my attention. When I looked at him, his face was already leaning in. I smiled and kissed him back, letting his lips command mine. We pulled away quickly to keep it from getting weird and smiled at each other.

"You're such a sap," Stiles whispered, tapping his finger to my nose. I giggled quietly, and the moment was ruined as Peter opened his mouth.

"Oh, sure, it's beautiful. But the thing was, he had this constant fear. He was obsessing over it, thinking about it all day, all night, always on his mind," Peter said, and I leaned onto my elbows to reengage with the story, feeling Stiles' hand resting on my thigh.

Peter sat with Derek on the tables outside during lunch. Derek was sipping a coke and staring at Paige, who was sitting alone at a different table.

"Why does she eat alone?" Peter asked.

"What are you doing here?" Derek replied, surprised.

"I'm looking after my favorite nephew. Making sure no one has a crossbow aimed at your throat. Doesn't she have any friends?"

"A few, but she likes to study during lunch," Derek said. "And I kind of just don't think she likes my friends."

Peter took the Reece's sitting in Derek's lunchbox. "Well, she's perfect for you. And perfect combinations are rare in an imperfect world."