Omega Part 3

Almost an hour had passed of detention. I was sitting with Stiles, both of us staring at the second hand on the clock as it ticked away the lost minutes of our valuable time. Stiles had a bored scowl on his face, and I was just bored. I drummed my fingers on the desktop, listening to the clicks of my nails on it.

On the board, Harris had written 'DETENTION' to taunt us, and he sat at his desk with a small smile that wouldn't go away. He enjoyed this too much for a normal human being.

It seemed the closer the second hand got to 12, the slower it got. I felt like I was about to fall asleep just as it hit 12. Stiles and I jumped up, grabbing our stuff to get the hell out of there.

Without looking up, Harris said, "Sit, Stilinski. Y/N, you can go." Stiles looked at me with confusion.

"What, but it's been an hour," Stiles said.

"My detention's an hour and a half," Harris replied.

"But you said Y/N could go."

"What I meant to say was my detention's an hour and a half for you. Sit."

"You can't do that," I said, and Harris looked up at us finally and folded his hands.

"Oh... But I can. You see, Stiles, your father was so judicious in his dealings with me, I've decided to make you my personal project for the rest of the semester. You are going to benefit from all the best that strict discipline has to offer." He said this with a sly smile, and Stiles sighed. "Now, sit down before I decide to keep you here all night. And Y/N, if you don't want another 30 minutes, then I suggest you leave now."

I looked over at Stiles, who pursed his lips and slapped his books back down on the desk as he sat down.

"Um... I-I'll wait for you at the jeep?" I asked. Stiles nodded, doing his best to keep from being visibly enraged.

I glared at the top of Harris' head as I walked out, then glared at the door behind me as I walked away. I shook my head, and the second I turned around to walk straight, I ran smack into a broad chest. My books dropped to the floor and I started to fall backwards. Great, this was gunna be embarrassing.

I squealed, then a hand shot out and grabbed my forearm, pulling me upright. I started to laugh until I looked up to see who was smiling confidently down at me.

"Y/N, right?" Isaac asked, not letting go of my arm. Why I was suddenly a shy normal girl, I couldn't say, but I felt like all I could do was gulp and nod.

Isaac had a strong, very carved jawline that I wanted to run my tongue down. He had perfectly straight white teeth and a long, lean nose with a slightly balled tip. His eyebrows were natural, yet they had a shape some girls would kill for. He had a light brown mop of curls on top of his head and a perfect little cupid's bow, and, though his lips weren't large, they weren't thin either. They sat somewhere in between to give just the right amount of puff to them. His fingers were slender and long, but his hands were nowhere near as dream-worthy as Stiles'. Isaac's smile could dazzle a room, but right now his smirk was dazzling me.

I had to lean my head back a little to see all 6'2 of him. He was wearing a plain dark grey long-sleeved shirt that stretched over his chest. How had I not noticed him being so muscular before?

"I'm Isaac. Sorry about that," he said, letting go of me to bend down and pick up my books. When my mind caught up with me, I knelt to help.

"I-It's okay. My fault, I wasn't paying attention," I replied, reaching for my notebook as I stared at him. Was I dreaming? Had I fallen asleep in detention? Isaac was so different, yet the same. He was more confident and seemed stronger somehow. I felt his warm hand touch mine and I realized we'd both reached for the last remaining notebook, and I hadn't noticed because I'd been too busy gawking. His gorgeous blue eyes looked up from the floor to me and I felt frozen.