Perishable Part 2

It took me seemingly no time at all to get to Liam's. I was getting stronger every day, and I was pretty sure it was because I was back to eating daily. Also, the shift was getting easier. It didn't hurt as bad anymore, and I was guessing that the more I shifted, the smoother it would become until one day I could shift into a lion in a matter of two painless seconds. That was the hope anyway.

His window was already unlocked for me by the time I got there, so I slipped inside, not bothering to knock. Honestly, this was getting to be a semi-regular thing, I shouldn't have to knock anymore.

I barely got one foot on the floor before Liam was shoving handfuls of paper in my face.

"Do you see this? What's happening?" Liam grumbled. I closed my eyes, pushing his hand away as I angled my head backwards.

"I could see it if you weren't smacking me in the face with it," I replied. Liam stepped back, mumbling his apologies. I chuckled at him, unable to get even a little angry at him. "Let me see the list."

Liam looked through the papers in his hand before pulling out two and tossing the rest to the floor haphazardly. I would've frowned at that, but I dated Stiles. Let's be honest, I was used to it. I took the two papers and held one in each hand, looking at them. It was part one and two of the dead pool, and it looked like every supernatural creature who was dead was crossed off.

Not only that, but Derek's name was removed from the list. I would've been more concerned about that, but my eyes caught on Liam's name. He wasn't worth $3 million anymore.

"I'm worth 18 million now," Liam said, fear etched in his tone.

"I see that..." I hummed, feeling my own anxiety spike. "Don't worry, Liam. I won't let anything happen to you." Liam nodded, his arms crossed, but he looked like he didn't really believe me, so I changed the subject to get his mind off of it. "You said it just started printing?" I asked, my eyes still scanning the page.

"Yeah. I pressed cancel, but it wouldn't stop."

I stared at the page, but my eyes weren't really seeing it anymore. It randomly started printing to Liam's printer, which probably means it was hacked. If that was the case, how many other printers did this list go to? This street? This town? This county? I glanced up to see Liam looking at me like he thought I knew something. I didn't want to freak him out, so I didn't tell him my thoughts.

"When you checked the printer, did you see where it was coming from?" I looked up at him in time to see his 'oops' face.

"You can do that?" he asked.

"I'll take that as a no." I looked around the room, noticing the printer was still unplugged. Maybe it would still run and we could find out. "Plug it back in." Liam plugged it in while I stood over it, watching the small screen on it. I remembered Stiles saying something once about it. Maybe I could figure out how to do it, too.

I didn't get the chance to because the papers stayed still in the trey.

"Damn," I mumbled. I took a moment to let that failure sink in before taking a long gaze at Liam. Something seemed off with him. "Are you alright?"

"Me? Yeah, I'm fine. Why?"

"Nothing, you, uh... You just seem a little on edge." My eyes scanned over his body, searching for any sign that he was anything but fine. He couldn't stay still.

"Wanna play a video game?" he asked, his eyes alight with hope. I glanced at the clock on my phone. It was 12:15 at night.

"It's getting late. We have school tomorrow, and-."