Night School Part 2

When we got into the locker room, Scott told Stiles to call his dad, which Stiles' did not think was a good idea. Frankly, I didn't either. Dragging the Sheriff into this would most certainly result in him getting hurt, and we already went through that dance.

"The only option I'm seeing here is that we find a way out and run for it," I said.

"There's nothing near the school for at least a mile," Stiles replied, his light beam flying everywhere as he flailed to get his point across.

"What about Derek's car?" Scott suggested.

"That could work," Stiles said with surprise.

"Yeah, we go outside, we get the keys off his body-," I said.

"-ugh," Stiles frowned.

"-Yes, thank you, Stiles, and then we take his car," I planned. Scott stared at me like I was making a mistake. "Fine, and him." I shrugged and turned. We started to walk to Coach's office and Stiles reached out to grab the handle. I grabbed his wrist to stop him, hearing footsteps on the other side.

"I think I heard something," I whispered.

"Like what?" Stiles freaked. It looked like Scott couldn't hear it either because he was straining to listen. I shushed Stiles, my grip getting tighter on his arm as I listened. I started to back up, taking Stiles with me and Scott followed, staring at the door. I let go of Stiles and he shone the light at the door. Ugh, idiot. Scott tried to block the light and Stiles instantly turned the flashlight so the light was blocked by his thigh.

"Hide," I whispered, knowing I heard something, but not knowing what. Stiles immediately ran for a locker, making a whole bunch of unnecessary and loud noise. "No, no, n-. Oh, my god, you totally suck!" I hissed and hid in the locker next to the one Scott was in, grumbling under my breath about Stiles.

It felt like my every breath was amplified in the small metal space as I stared out the little lines, waiting for something to come in. I covered my mouth to conceal the sounds of my breathing as the handle on the door began to twist. The door opened and closed, but I couldn't see who or what had come in.

The figure passed right in front of my locker and I inhaled through my fingers. Then I heard Scott's locker next to mine whip open. Someone screamed, but it wasn't Scott, so I jumped out, seeing Stiles jump out, too. We shushed the man and he leaned over, cursing.

"Quiet, my ass. What the hell are you trying to do, kill me? I don't even want to know what you three were doing in here. All of you, get out," the janitor asked loudly. I looked around to see if Alpha was near, but I couldn't hear him.

"Just listen for half a second, okay?" Stiles pleaded.

"Not okay!" Janitor replied. He pushed us all towards the door. "Get the hell out of here right now. And next time you want to do something freaky, rent a motel room!" He pushed us out the door.

"Just one second to explain!" Stiles tried, but we were denied.

"Just shut up and go!" Janitor said, then he yelled as he was yanked back into the locker room. The door slammed, and he was pushed up against the window, blood marking the glass. He started screaming and Scott tried to open the door to help him, but it wouldn't open. Stiles pulled Scott away and we ran down the hall.

We went to the nearest exit and burst through the doors. Except they didn't open. I grunted as we tried to push away whatever was blocking the doors. Stopping, Scott opened one door and peeked out.