Magic Bullet Part 2

I texted Scott, asking him if he found the bullet yet, since Derek was only getting worse. It looked like he could barely keep his head up. Stiles pouted while driving, every once in a while shooting Derek glares. It was funny to see, but this didn't feel like a laughing situation. Loud rock music played on Stiles' radio as he glared at Derek for taking off his leather jacket.

Need more time.

I rolled my eyes at Scott's reply. "Says he needs more time," I told Stiles.

Stiles groaned. "Hey, try not to bleed out on my seats, okay? We're almost there." He drove with one hand, one large perfect hand, the other drumming with annoyance on this leg.

"Almost where?" Derek asked, his voice light almost like he was about to pass out.

"Your house," Stiles sighed.

Derek's head shot up to look at Stiles. "What? No, you can't take me there."

"I can't take you to your own house?" Stiles scoffed, his shoulders shrugging up.

"Not when I can't protect myself."

Stiles groaned and pulled over to the side of the road instantly, turning off the car. He turned in his seat to yell at Derek. "What happens if Scott doesn't find your little magic bullet? Hm? Are you dying?"

"Not yet," Derek sighed. I could tell he was in a lot of pain because he was being compliant towards Stiles, which was a first. "I have a last resort."

"What do you mean?" I asked. Derek lifted up his right sleeve. Right under the crook of his elbow was a bullet wound seeping with blood. There were little black vein lines extending from it, and that definitely didn't look good.

Stiles looked away, his face twisted in disgust. "Oh, my god, what is that? Ugh, is that contagious? You know what, you should probably just get out." He pointed to Derek's door while shaking his head and closing his eyes. He sounded like he was trying not to throw up, and I pinched my lips together, smiling at the sight.

"Start the car," Derek said. "Now."

Stiles scoffed, "Yeah, I don't think you should be barking orders with the way you look, okay? In-in fact, I think if I wanted to, I could probably drag your little werewolf ass out and leave you for dead." He pointed to the road with two fingers, looking directly at Derek, who stared back at him. My eyes jumped between the two. I knew dang well Stiles couldn't do that, and I also knew it would be hilarious to see him try, but Derek didn't look convinced.

"Start the car," he said slowly. "Or I'm gunna rip your throat out... With my teeth." Stiles gaped at him, not moving a muscle, until finally he scowled and started up his jeep.

"Where am I supposed to take you? Hm? Any smart idea for that?" Stiles grumbled. When nobody said anything, he scoffed again and turned off the engine.

--------------

I sighed against the window. It was now dark outside, and we'd been sitting in this jeep for god knows how long waiting for Scott to turn his freaking phone back on. Stiles hadn't gotten any calmer and Derek only got worse. And he was starting to stink. Well, more than usual.

Finally, Scott called. Stiles picked up instantly. "What am I supposed to do with him?"

"Take him somewhere, anywhere," Scott replied, though it was a whisper.

Stiles sighed. "Ugh, and by the way, he's starting to smell." His voice sounded whiny and Derek slowly looked up at him with a glare.

"Like what?"