The Overlooked Part 4

"H-how did you get away from Deucalion?" Scott stuttered, his eyes wide with surprise.

Melissa shrugged, "I don't know. He just let me go. Said it was a gesture of goodwill. No other reason."

"He had to have a reason," Scott said as we slowed to a walk.

"Yeah, I don't think he'd do anything without a reason," I agreed.

"Well, if that means I should continue to be profoundly terrified, then don't worry about it. I got that covered," Melissa replied, wringing her hands and continuously adjusting her cardigan.

Scott's hand shot out, stopping both of us from walking. He was listening, then I heard it to—a gun cocking. He held out his hand, telling us to stay, so I stepped slightly in front of Melissa for extra protection as he slowly walked to the corner.

He peeked around then jumped back like a cat. Once he relaxed, Melissa and I peered around. It was Argent, Allison, and Isaac. They were sure spending a lot of time together lately. I wondered what that was all about.

Isaac bowed his head again like he was guilty and glanced away from me. Okay, what the heck was going on with him?

Scott told Argent about Derek and Blake, hoping they could help us, as we walked back to the morgue. Talk about running in circles.

"So, they're essentially trapped," Argent simplified. Scott nodded.

"Well, there's no way of getting them out without turning the power back on," Isaac sighed. For once, his coat-wearing self was dressed for the weather.

"Maybe we should turn it on. It would give them a chance, at least," I shrugged.

"No, but if the power is back on, they're gunna hear the elevator moving, right?" Melissa asked. Allison stood at the door, watching for the alphas while Isaac stood by my side.

"And they'll be on Jennifer and Derek as soon as it stops," Scott agreed. "We can't get in a fight with them."

"You've got us now," Argent said, nodding towards Allison as she came over to stand by him.

"It's too risky," I replied.

"Y/N's right. They want her dead, and if she dies, there's nothing that we can do for Stiles' dad or Cora," Scott said.

Argent shook his head, saying, "I don't even think I know which teacher this is."

"She's, uh, she's the one with the brown hair," Isaac described. "She's kinda hot."

We all turned our heads to stare at him, except mine grew into a smile. He hadn't changed.

"Nah, it's jus-just an observation," Isaac stuttered. I chuckled, looking away from him. I was pretty sure he smirked down at me, but I wasn't reacting to it.

"I've got an idea," Allison said, staring at herself in the mirror.

Scott texted Derek his part of the plan. As soon as theirs started, we could start ours. I was in the car with Isaac when he put Allison on FaceTime.

"You guys ready?" she asked.

Isaac sighed heavily and looked over at me. We looked at each other for a second before I nodded. As ready as ever.

"Yeah," Isaac breathed.

"You're not nervous, are you?"

Again, he looked at me. I frowned and shook my head. "Do I look nervous?" he asked.