Shape Shifted Part 2

I read a book in the stands while Stiles and Scott devised a plan to make sure the other werewolf was, in fact, Jackson. I didn't know why they needed to, since I gave them everything they needed to know. But whatever.

I rolled my eyes and looked over to Jackson who was talking with a guy named Matt. He was asking for a camera that can record in low light and all night long. I stopped listening there. I had no desire to hear Jackson brag about whatever girl he was making a sex tape with.

Stiles ran back to Scott with goalie gear. That was his plan? This would be good. Coach blew the whistle and everyone got in line to take shots at the goal protected by Scott. I put the book away to watch. Stiles was number 24, Isaac was number 14, and that's really all I watched for. One guy stood between the line and Scott as the middleman.

Coach blew the whistle again and tossed in a ball, and as the guy ran with it, Scott ran past the middleman and knocked the player flat on his back, then proceeded to sniff him while helping him up.

"I can't believe this is happening," I mumbled, shaking my head. Coach shouted 'McCall' angrily.

"Usually the goalie stays somewhere within the vicinity of the actual goal," Coach chuckled, earning a quick 'yes, Coach' from Scott before he ran back to the goal. Coach threw another ball in, and Matt caught it. He started to run, and again, Scott ran at him, passing the middleman. Scott shouldered Matt, making him fly over Scott and land on his back. Scott sniffed him while Coach scowled. I hid my face in my hands, peeking through my fingers with second-hand embarrassment.

"McCall! The position is goal keeper, not goal abandoner!" Coach griped. Scott apologized half-heartedly. The next ball was thrown, and the next guy ran, Scott meeting him halfway again. By this point, the middleman was just stepping out of Scott's way and letting him go. I didn't know whether to laugh or roll my eyes.

The guy Scott rammed into landed face-down, making me wince and Coach stomp his foot as Scott smelled him. He wasn't even trying to hide the fact that he was sniffing everyone on the team as he knelt over him like a dog. I gave a sharp look to Stiles, who made a 'my bad' face.

Coach grabbed the front of Stiles' helmet, making him lean closer. "Stilinski, what the hell is wrong with your friend?" Coach asked as Scott got back into the goal.

"Uh, he's failing two classes. He's a little socially awkward, and if you look close enough, his jawline's a little uneven," Stiles replied quickly. Coach stared at Scott like he'd had an epiphany.

"That's interesting," Coach mumbled seriously as he released Stiles and grabbed another ball. He threw it in to Danny, who took off, as did Scott. Once Danny was down, he sniffed deeply once.

"It's Armani," Danny explained. At Scott's confused look, he said, "My aftershave. Armani." I giggled to myself.

"Oh... It's nice," Scott saved, probably smiling his cute puppy dog smile that he used to get what he wanted.

Scott jumped up and went back to the goal. Jackson, who was next in line, was wearing a weary expression, and he stepped out of line, claiming he wanted to 'sit this one out'. I looked at Scott like 'I told you so', and he narrowed his eyes at Jackson.

Isaac was next. He was breathing heavily and staring at Scott. Was he alright? Stiles' face dropped and he looked at me with a concern that I didn't understand. Coach threw in the ball and Isaac and Scott took off. They ran at each other at full speed, and I jumped to my feet with worry. He was going to hurt Isaac at that pace. They rammed into each other, both landing on the opposite sides on their hands and knees and staring at each other.