The Girl Who Knew Too Much Part 2

As soon as Lydia shut Coach's door behind her and Aiden, Scott, Stiles and I jumped up to find Ethan. The bell rang and the halls emptied, and we stopped Ethan on the way down a set of stairs. Stiles stopped one step below us, one leg propped up one step higher as he leaned against the wall with his arms crossed.

Maybe it was just me, but he was really learning how to use his body to make me distracted.

"Why are you even talking to me?" Ethan sighed. He apparently wasn't too happy to be seeing us. "I helped kill your friend. How do you know I'm not gunna kill another one?" His eyes stopped on Stiles and I stepped toward him just a little to let him know that wasn't an option.

"Is he looking at me?" Stiles asked, though he didn't look nearly as scared as he should've been. Maybe he was getting used to the threats. How sad that is. "Are you threatening me? You know what I'm gunna do?" Stiles pushed off the wall to brush past me and bark in Ethan's face. "I'm gunna break off an extra large branch of Mountain Ash, wrap it in Wolfsbane, roll it in Mistletoe, and shove it up your freaking ass!" He was so serious, the veins in his neck protruded further with each gesture he made to further his point.

"Woah, Stiles, okay. We get it," Scott calmed with a smile, stepping between the two. Stiles scowled at Ethan as he stepped back against the wall, resuming his previous position.

"That was nice. The imagery and all," I told him, smiling up at him. He looked like he wanted to smile, but instead he blushed a little and nodded.

Scott faced Ethan, now closer, and said seriously, "We're talking to you because I know that you didn't want to kill Boyd. And I think that if something like that happened now, you wouldn't do it again."

Ethan's face was sad as he said, "You don't know what we owe them, especially Deucalion. We weren't like Kali and Ennis when we met him. We weren't alphas."

"What were you?" I asked from between Scott and Stiles.

"Omegas," Ethan answered as if he were recalling a bad memory.

"Okay, Scott's an omega. What's the big deal?" I shrugged.

Ethan sighed heavily and said, "In an actual wolf pack, omegas are the scapegoat, the last to eat, the one who has to take the abuse from the rest of the pack." He crossed his arms as we listened.

"So you and your brother were, like, the bitches of the pack," Stiles snarked, earning a glare from Ethan as he responded quickly with his own glare.

"Something like that."

"What happened?" Scott asked to hopefully keep the conversation from taking a dark turn.

"They were killers," Ethan said. His voice sounded like he was about to have a panic attack. "I mean, people talk about us as monsters. Well, they were the ones who gave us the reputation. And our alpha was the worst of them."

"Why didn't you guys just fight back?" I asked curiously.

"Yeah, form Voltron Wolf, you know? Kick everyone's asses?" Stiles added.

"We couldn't!" Ethan snapped. "We didn't know how to control it back then."

"Deucalion taught you," Scott figured.

"And then we fought. We took down the whole pack, one-by-one." Ethan's face had dropped into a sneer full of hatred as he talked about his old pack. "And by the time we got to our alpha, he was begging for his life. And we tore him apart. Literally."

"Well, that was a twist ending I didn't see coming," I mumbled to Stiles.

"What about your emissary?" Scott asked, and Ethan shook his head. "They're all dead? Kali's and Ennis', too?"