Visionary Part 4

"So she was turned? Where is she now?" I prodded, needing him to get to the end quicker than he was.

"Will you let me tell the story?" Peter snapped. I rolled my eyes, but waved my hand to say 'whatever, go on.'

"Anyway, Deaton arranged a meeting between the packs and Gerard."

Each group, hunter and werewolf, about six of each, stood on their own sides, facing each other like something out of West Side Story. Of course, Gerard was pacing the floor in front of the hunters.

"I think it's fitting that we're meeting in a distillery," Gerard chuckled. "You know, the process of distillation is the separating of two substances by pushing them into their different volatile states."

"Volatile is exactly the state I was hoping to avoid," Deucalion replied, a friendly (ish) smile on his face.

"Oooh..." Gerard said, walking over to a wheel that would open some kind of valve. "Then this is going to come as quite a big disappointment." Instantly, Gerard spun the wheel and large clouds of Wolfsbane smoke spewed out of the vents, making every werewolf in the room drop to their knees, coughing.

Gerard injected himself in the thigh with some sort of enhancement serum.

"What have you done?!" Deucalion yelled over the noise.

Gerard smiled and said, "One of the earliest weapons used by man was the spiked mace. I've made one of my own." He twisted a baseball bat in his hand lovingly, though it had been updated a bit. There were curved spikes on every side of it, and one on the top. It almost looked like it was made out of the claws of wolves. "I'd love to get your opinion on it."

Gerard looked behind him at a werewolf that was choking on the air, then swung the bat at him. His blood spattered everywhere as the claws carved deep into his face. Then he swung at the next guy he saw, not caring that it was one of his own hunters.

"Your own people..." Deucalion choked out from the floor. Gerard his another one of his hunters upside the head, and he was instantly dead.

"They wanted peace, too," Gerard explained as if that made it okay. "Look what you did to them." Deucalion groaned and started crawling toward the door for fresh air as Gerard grinned ta his bat.

"Okay, but did she turn?!" I whined. Peter sighed and looked at me, giving me what I wanted.

"She should have," he said. I felt my heart begin to break into two at the thought of Paige, who at this point was more than merely a fictional character for me, was going to die. "Most of the time the bite takes. Most of the time."

Stiles' jaw dropped as he leaned forward a little. "When you offered it to me, you said-."

"Wait, excuse me? You offered Stiles the bite?" I said, my eyes narrowing at Peter.

"He didn't take it."

"Obviously! You could've killed him!" I spat.

"Baby, I didn't take it. It's fine," Stiles comforted, squeezing my hand. I took a breath to calm myself. Then I wondered why he hadn't taken it. "Anyway, you said, 'if it doesn't kill you.'"

"If," Peter nodded. "I ran to the tree and down into the root cellar. They were there."

Derek held Paige in his arms as she died, his tears leaking onto her skin. She was shaking and her blood was turning black.

"What's happening to her?" Derek asked Peter.

"He knew the answer though. It didn't matter if she was young and strong. Some people just aren't made for this," Peter said, staring out the window again. I didn't even care that he was being so dramatic because it was really adding to the reality of the story for me.